Neumann KM D nx - 96 kHz - KM D nx - 96kHz - AES42 output stage, Nextel
The Neumann KM D NX 96 Digital Output Stage is intended for use with the Neumann KK series capsules. Together the output stage capsule combine to deliver professional results in any microphone capturing scenario. The output stage features high-quality digital conversion for pristine detail and minimal noise. Nextel Finish.
The KM D digital output stage converts the signal from the capsule directly into a digital signal. The result is an AES/EBU signal with 24 bits and a large dynamic range. The integrated digital signal processor (DSP) permits remote control of the microphones, including the digital gain, pre-attenuation (6 dB, 12 dB or 18 dB) and low-cut filter (0 Hz, 40 Hz, 80 Hz or 160 Hz). An integrated peak limiter and compressor/limiter with additional de-esser function prevents any overloading of the audio signal.
The dimensions (diameter 22 mm, length 93 mm) of the analog and digital output stages are identical. As a result, all accessories can be used in combination with both output stages.Upon request, a mechanical adapter can be supplied to adapt microphone capsules of the KM 100 system (AK series) to the KM A and KM D output stages.
The modular solution permits the microphone capsule to be separated from the output stage by a distance of up to 100 m. The LC 4 microphone cable with a length of 5 or 10 meters is available as a standard solution. Alternatively, capsule extensions of different lengths, swivel joints and stand mounts, etc., can be used for a flexible system setup.
The capsule heads KK 183, KK 184 or KK 185, together with the appropriate output stage, are also available as a set, in which case they are referred to as KM 183 A, KM 183 D, etc.
Neumann KM D NX-96 Features
- Miniature microphones with 8 exchangeable capsules, compatible with the analog miniature microphone system KM A
- Set includes windshield and clamp
- Extensive accessoriesTRUE NEUMANN SOUND: The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm. Pure Neumann capsule sound.
- TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL: The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- TRUE CONVERSION: The guarantee of having one of the best A/D converters available.
- TRUE HANDLING SAFETY: Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- TRUE TIME SAVINGS: Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- TRUE ECONOMY: Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).