Neumann KK105 HD MT - Super-Cardioid Mic Head for SKM5200. Black
Combining the Neumann KK 105 HD MT supercardioid capsule head with the Sennheiser SKM 5200/SKM 5000 Wireless System thrusts the legendary Neumann sound into the wireless domain, thus opening up new dimensions in sound for sophisticated live-performance engineering.
The KK105 HD is a "heavy duty" variant with integrated foam popscreen instead of wire mesh for even better plosive attenuation. In addition, foam material provides a very large surface area and can therefore absorb moisture very well.
In terms of engineering, the KK 104/105 HD are based on the KMS 105, 140, and 150 family of wired vocalist microphones. They inherit not only their outstanding tonal characteristics and specifications but also their sturdiness and efficiency in suppressing popping and handling noise.
The Sennheiser SKM 5200 and SKM 5000 N handheld transmitter are advanced versions of the SKM 5000*, optimized for the Neumann capsule heads, and ensuring reliable, interference-free, high-quality transmission of the capsule signal to the corresponding Sennheiser receiver.
These product components are a dream come true for countless customers, who time and again demanded a wireless variant of the successful Neumann KMS 104/105 vocal microphones. Simultaneously, this combination unites the core areas of competence of two established global players and market leaders:
Neumann – the world’s leading manufacturer of condenser microphones, and Sennheiser – the market leader with years of experience in the area of high-quality wireless systems.
Also all existing Sennheiser SKM 5000 handheld transmitters can be upgraded with the Neumann KK 104 S and KK 105 S capsule heads. Still, to take full advantage of the acoustical properties of these heads it is recommended to utilize the SKM 5200 or SKM 5000 N.
Neumann KK 105 HD MT Features
- Neumann capsule head engineering expands with Sennheiser liveperformance engineering
- "Heavy Duty" version with integrated foam popscreen instead of wire mesh for even better plosive attenuation
- Super-cardioid characteristic
- Low susceptibility to handling noise
- Built-in, highly effective suppression of popping noises
- Easy dismantling for cleaning
- Pure, open, and neutral sound transmission
- Vocals and speech on stage
- Especially suited for in-ear-monitoring
- Especially suitable with front-of-stage monitor systems
- For feedback-prone environment
Neumann KK 104 HD MT Specifications
- Directional pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency range: 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 1.3 mV/Pa ± 1 dB
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 44 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 33 dB-A
- Max. SPL for THD 0.5%2): 150 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 3%2): 15 dB
- Dynamic range (A-weighted): > 117 dB-A
- Frequency range: 450 - 960 MHz
- Switching bandwidth: 24 MHz
- Transmitter frequencies: 16
- RF-output: 50 mW (-3 dB)
- Noise suppression system: Sennheiser "HiDyn plusTM"
- Weight incl. transmitter + power supply unit: approx. 325 g
- Diameter: 48 mm
- Length (+ transmitter): 257 mm