The MTR HPA-6 is perhaps the most high powered and reliable headphone amp available. There are two separate main stereo inputs on quater inch jacks, plus a stereo Auxiliary input feeding stations 1 and 2 (or any combination of all six by simple internal re-wiring).
This Auxiliary signal is added to the main inputs, and can be used for click tracks, talkback from the control room for more effective communication between the engineer/producer and musicians, rehearsing to a tape/CD/minidisc, etc. A two-colour led is fitted to each of the three inputs, showing green for signal present, and red when approaching input overload. The Main Input 2 also has bass and treble boost and cut.
Each of the 6 headphone outputs has its own volume control, an input 1 or 2 selector button, and a mono switch sums the left and right signals. The rear panel has duplicate input sockets for easy rackmounting. Very solid all-steel construction, and volume is more than ample with headphones ranging from 8 to 2,000 ohms
MTR HPA-6 Specifications
- A,B & Aux Input Imp: 20Kohms unbalanced stereo
- A,B & Aux input sensitivity: 0.25 volts nominal
- Max Output: 2v, 500mW into 8 ohms - 4.7v, 35mW into 600 ohms - 4.8v, 10mW into 2,000 ohms
- High / Low e.q: 10kHz / 100Hz A± 13dB.
- System Gain: 28dB, e.q. flat.
- Hum & Noise: -85dB unweighted.
- T.H.D.: 0.07% @ 1KHz
- Freq. Response: 10Hz-20kHz +3dB
- Max Consumption: 100mA
- Dimensions: 44x483x205 mm
- Weight: 4 Kilos