MOTU Traveler MKIII - Mobile Audio Interface - FireWire
The MOTU Traveler MKIII is a compact yet powerful FireWire audio interface that is designed to be used in the studio, mobile and as a portable live sound mixer that does not require a computer to operate. The Traveler MKIII provides eight channels of pristine 192 kHz analog recording and playback, combined with twenty channels of digital I/O in ADAT optical, AES/EBU and S/PDIF formats.
The MOTU Traveler MKIII Mobile Audio Interface's 32bit floating point DSP processor features a digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles and DSP effects, such as Reverb, 4-band Equaliser, gate and compression which model sought after hardware units.
MOTU's CueMix FX software, the mixing software that drives the powerful routing of the Traveler-mk3, can be controlled from your iPad. MOTU created CueMix templates for the TouchOSC controller app, giving you complete control over your Traveler-mk3's mixing and effects processing over a Wi-Fi network. This means that when you're recording in your studio, you don't need to keep going back to your computer to adjust gain levels, change monitoring effects, or virtually anything else you rely on CueMix for.
MOTU Traveler MKIII Features:
- Compact size (14.75 x 9 inches)
- Powered via FireWire
- Optional battery power via standard field battery pack (sold separately)
- 28 inputs / 30 outputs (at 44.1/48kHz)
- Four combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4" guitar input or lo-Z XLR mic input with phantom power and pad
- Clip protection - Up to +12dB over zero
- Individual 48V phantom power on each mic input
- Four 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and eight analog outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
- Digital Precision Trim - adjust input gain in 1dB increments on all analog inputs (mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs). Can save and recall multiple trim setups
- High-resolution recording - Up to 192kHz
- Flexible optical I/O - 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSlink. Mix and match formats between the two banks.
- CueMix FX - flexible 28-input/16-bus mixer with onboard DSP effects, including classic reverb with sends/returns, plus modeled EQ and vintage compression on every input and output.
- Advanced audio signal analysis - CueMix FX software provides real-time FFT and spectrogram "waterfall" displays for visual analysis of individual signals and entire mixes.
- Front-panel control - access your entire mix, or any Traveler-mk3 setting, directly from the front panel.
- Functions as a standalone mixer
- Included DC power adapter
- Back-lit LCD.
- Sample-accurate MIDI
- Expandable - add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks.
- Phone jack with front panel volume control
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz AES/EBU in/out
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
- Word clock in and out
- Built-in SMPTE time code sync - resolves to and generates time code
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire
- Includes drivers for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista, including ASIO, WDM, Core Audio, and Core MIDI
- Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software
- Includes AudioDesk 3 full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Mac OS X with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync
- Two FireWire 400 ports allow for daisy-chaining without a hub. Works with a FireWire 800 connection via a simple adapter or FW400-to-800 cable.
- Front-panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 5.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
- Front-panel meters or activity LEDs for all analog, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync, tach and lock LEDs.
- Comprehensive level-metering - Front panel LCD provides vertical meters for entire banks (8 channels at once) or horizontal long-throw metering for individual channels. Meter banks are quickly accessible via the dedicated METERS rotary encoder on the front panel.
- Dedicated front-panel clock status LEDs