MOTU 16A - Thunderbolt Audio Interface with 16x Analogue I/O
The MOTU 16A is a Thunderbolt and USB audio interface featuring 16 balanced analogue I/O that deliver superb sound quality with a further 16 I/O available via ADAT optical ports. The MOTU 16A is compatible with both Mac and PC via high-speed USB 2.0 (USB 3.0 compatible) or Thunderbolt. The industry standard drivers and class-compliant firmware allows the MOTU 16A to work with any audio software.
The MOTU 16A Thunderbolt Audio Interface's 32bit floating point DSP processor features a 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles and DSP effects, such as Reverb, 4-band Equaliser, gate and compression which model sought after hardware units.
One of the great new features that MOTU have added to the new range of thunderbolt interfaces is the ability to connect multiple interfaces together via Ethernet or the MOTU AVB interface. Via either you can connect your 16A to another compatible MOTU interface but if you need more connectivity you can connect upto 5 units together via the MOTU AVB interface and because the MOTU 16A and AVB use standard Cat-5e Ethernet cable, latency or cable runs aren't any kind of issue.
When connected to a wireless network the MOTU 16A can be controlled via nearly any device via a web app or app store app on the iPad/iPhone making it a great standalone live mixer.
MOTU 16A Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features:
- A fantastic 32-in/32-out hybrid audio interface for studio and live sound applications
- ADAT optical digital I/O lets you expand your system with additional gear
- Choose from ultra-low-latency Thunderbolt or high-speed USB 2.0 computer connectivity
- Onboard 32-bit floating point DSP-driven digital mixer with EQ, dynamics, and effects provides latency-free routing
- Hook up a wireless router and take complete control of the onboard mixer from your iOS device - no computer needed!
- MOTU's AVB audio networking lets you easily expand your system and additional AVB equipped audio interfaces
- Create an AVB network via optional AVB Switches for support for up to five compatible interfaces