MOTU 112D - Thunderbolt Audio Interface with 112 Digital Channels
The MOTU 112D Thunderbolt Audio Interface is a hugely versatile device with the ability to be either a digital audio interface, router, format converter, and stand-alone mixer. It's also versatile when it comes to connections, connecting to your computer over insanely fast Thunderbolt technology, AVB Ethernet or class compliant USB 2.0.
The 112D gives you 24 channels of AES/EBU I/O, 24 channels of ADAT optical I/O and 64 channels of MADI I/O. All this totals to an impressive 112 simultaneous digital I/O channels. The 112D works as a zero latency 64-channel MADI-to-AVB converter and router with flexible splitting and routing to and from your AVB network. Furthermore, it supports both 64 channel and 56 channel MADI at 1x sample rates, as well as 32 channels at 2x and 16 channels at 4x.
24 channels of AES/EBU digital I/O is supplied by three 8 channel D-sub connectors, giving sample rates of up to 96kHz. Three 8-channel ADAT banks provide 24 channels of optical I/O at rates of up to 48kHz. 4-channel SMUX operation is supported by all six ADAT banks, giving 24 channels of optical I/O at 2x sample rates.
When working in an audio workflow, you're going to experience some latency. But, when working with the 112D the latency will be very, very low. Latency is measured in a handful of samples from the time a signal first arrives at an input, to its arrival somewhere else. Keeping latency low in the hardware, the 112D helps minimize latency introduced by your host software.
MOTU 112D Features:
- Thunderbolt and USB audio interface
- 112 inputs and 112 outputs (224 total) at 1x sample rates
- 80 inputs and 80 outputs (160 total) at 2x sample rates
- 16 inputs and 16 outputs (32 total) at 4x sample rates
- 112 simultaneous digital audio channels
- 24 channels of AES/EBU I/O
- 24 channels of ADAT optical I/O
- 64 channels of MADI I/O
- 32-bit floating point effects processing
- Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects
- 1U rack size
|Model||MOTU 112D 122 Digital Channel Audio Interface|