Moog Werkstatt-01 - Analogue Synthesizer Kit
The Moog Werkstatt-Ø1 is a patchable and compact, one oscillator analogue synthesizer. Originally created as a kit, to be the foundation for exclusive “Engineering VIP” workshops at Moogfest 2014, but due to a number of requests, Moog is offering a no-soldering-required version of the Werkstatt-Ø1 Kit in limited quantities.
Assembly is extremely simple: Any user can quickly build an analog synthesizer based on classic Moog circuits, and if desired, study the analog circuits. Werkstatt was created to be an educational tool, but it is also a formidable, compact analog synthesizer from Moog.
The main circuit board is created to work once the unit has been assembled, but it is designed in a way that mean the Werkstatt-01 can be modded.
Moog Werkstatt-01 Specifications
- Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
- Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
- Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
- Ability to PWM the square wave
- Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
- Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
- Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
- Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
- Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
- Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
- One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
- VCA Input: 0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
- VCF Input: -5V to +5
- VCO LINEAR FM Input: +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
- VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input: -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
- LFO CV Input: 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
- VCF AUDIO Input: Unbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
- 2x KB CV Output: 3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
- 2x TRIG Output: 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x GATE Output: 0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x EG Output: 0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
- 2x LFO Output: -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
- 2x VCF Output: -2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
- 2x VCO Output: 0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
- AUDIO Output: Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
- POWER: +12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 1.8 Watt AVG