Moog CP-251 Moogerfooger Control Processor
The Moog CP-251 Control Processor can be used in connection with one or more Moogerfooger analog effects modules, the Minimoog Voyager, or other voltage-controlled gear. The CP-251 adds the same kind of power and versatility of the classic MOOG modular synthesizers.
The CP-251 provides a dual waveform LFO, Noise Generator, Sample-and-Hold circuit, as well as two attenuators, a lag processor, a CV mixer and a 4-way mult. This gives you ways to modify, mix, and distribute control voltages to produce the incredible variety of sounds and effects that analog synthesizers are famous for.
Moog CP-251 Features:
- Four Input Mixer: Enables you to combine control signals to create complex effects.
- Lag Processor: Reshapes control signals by slowing down abrupt changes, used to produce glides and swoops.
- Low Frequency Oscillator: Makes periodic control signals over the range of one cycle every five seconds to 50 cycles per second. The LFO is itself voltage-controlled so you can vary its rate with an expression pedal or other control signal to create effects such as vibrato, warbles, and sirens.
- Two Attenuators: To reduce the strength of control signals, enabling you to adjust the strength of an effect.
- Four-way Multiple: Enables you to send one control signal to as many as three destinations.
- Noise Source: Provides pure noise for use as an audio or control signal.
- Sample and Hold: Produces stepwise control signals by sampling the voltage of any signal at rate of the LFO to produce classic sample-and-hold effects. This circuit also has a second output which is a smoothed version of the stepwise output.