Mojave MA-100SP - Matched Pair of Small Diaphragm Tube Condenser - Cardioid & Omni Capsules
The Mojave MA-100 is a small diaphragm vacuum tube condenser microphone that features interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules. The MA-100 can deliver performance equal to the best classic small diaphragm microphones but at an excellent price. The MA-100 is capable of handling ear piercing SPL levels such as drums and guitar amplifiers but works great on sources such as acoustic instruments and shines on cymbals when used as a stereo pair.
Featuring a hand selected 3 micron capsule, high quality Jensen audio transformer and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes the MA-100 offers incredible performance and reliability. Each MA-100 is tested and burned in for 24 hours before packaging to assure it is up to Mojave's high standards.
There are a number of benefits to choosing a small diaphragm condenser over a large diaphragm such as their better transient response and they are easier to place due to their small size making them a great choice for drums and also their high SPL handling.
This is a stereo matched pair of Mojave MA-100SP.
- Acoustic Instruments
- Guitar Amplifiers
- Stereo Pairs (X/Y, MS, etc.)
- Decca Tree
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- Voice-overs and Broadcast
Mojave Audio MA-100 Specifications
- Transducer Type: Externally excited capacitor type
- Diaphragm: .8" / 20.5 mm diameter
- Diaphragm Thickness: 3 microns
- Polar Response: Interchangeable Cardioid and Omnidirectional Capsules
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Maximum SPL: 130dB
- Distortion: head amp only , not to exceed .4% @ 140 dB SPL
- Self Noise: Not to exceed 16dB
- Impedance: 450 ohms, transformer balanced
- Vacuum Tube: 5840 pentode wired as triode, operated as a unity-gain buffer stage (cathode follower)
- Power Requirement: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
|Model||Mojave MA-100SP - Matched Pair|