The Millennia HV-3D is an 4-channel version of the very successful and popular HV-3C stereo preamp. The HV-3D combines multiple channels to minimize redundant mechanical and electrical parts. This is a tool you can build a career around: it will remain valuable and useful no matter how far your sonic explorations take you. Acquiring an HV-3D is a step off the upgrade treadmill, a step that will ultimately save you much more than your initial investment. For pristine audio capture on location and in the studio, Millennia's HV-3D is a great option!
Open, Transparent Sound
Mic preamplifiers magnify the input as much as 1000:1. There's no "Undo" after this point. Coloration or distortion become part of the signal. Lost information can never be recovered. Digital plug-ins can't "uncolor" sound or restore lost upper harmonic partials. Data compression algorithms (MPG, AC3, DTS etc.) are unable to distinguish signal from noise, so preserving signal clarity and integrity throughout the recording and production process is critical to communicating the artist's intention and individuality. No matter how subtle or attractive, a colored "signature" sound destroys options at every link in the chain. The HV-3 Series' open, transparent signal path has defined "high definition" since its introduction.
Perfect for Location Recording
Location recording is a high-wire act, with only one chance to capture the living moment of performance in its original ambience. The HV-3 Series is designed to transmit microphone signals to recording devices unaltered and has proven its ability to drive extremely long cable runs.
Pristine Audio Path
There's no such thing as a straight wire with gain. But the HV-3 Series' transformerless input, balanced audio path, minimal amplifier design has brought us closer than any other to our goal of absolute accuracy and uncompromised sonic realism.
Millennia HV-3D Features
- Unsurpassed ambience retrieval
- Transformerless design with matched hi-speed discrete transistor octet has 23 dB input headroom: no attenuator "pads"
- Uncolored timbral accuracy at all dynamic levels
- Entirely balanced audio path with precision components maintains signal integrity: THD under 5 ppm (.0005%)
- Effortless, vividly realistic, musical performance
- Laser-trimmed FET-based output stage has 32 dB headroom: drives 1000 foot (300m) cable runs with ease
- Standard 36-step gain controls (1.5 dB per step) are stereo-matched to .08 dB
- Ultra-clean toroid power supply
- Gold audio connectors and switches
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
- Silver Teflon power wiring
- Welded 16 gauge steel rack chassis
- Minimum Gain 8.5 dB
- Maximum Gain (1.5 dB per step, 36 steps) 65 dB (up to 75 dB on request)
- Frequency Response +0 / -3 dB sub 3 Hz to beyond 300 kHz
- Noise 60 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 30 kHz, Inputs common -133 dB EIN
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise 35 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, +27 dBu Out < .001%, Typ. < .0005 percent(< 5 ppm)
- Intermodulation Distortion (50 Hz & 7 kHz) 35 dB Gain, +27 dBu Out < .0009 percent
- Phase Response 35 dB Gain, 50 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, +27 dBu Out < 2 degrees deviation
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio 35 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, 100 mV C.M. > 65 dB, Typ > 85 dB
- Slew Rate 35 dB Gain, +27 dBu Out > 25 volts per microsecond
- Maximum Input Level 20 Hz - 40 kHz +23 dBu (no attenuator pads required)
- Maximum Output Level 20 Hz - 40 kHz +32 dBu
- Phantom Input Impedance 1 kHz 6,750 ohms
- Output Impedance 24.3 ohms (x2)
- Phantom Powering +48 V dc, +/- 2 V dc
- Power Requirements Selectable: 100-120, 200-240 V ac, 50/60 Hz