The M296 is designed for professional applications in radio and television broadcasting, tone studios, concert halls, theaters and for high quality recordings of all genres. The direction of maximum sensitivity is axial, i.e. end wise to the microphone. The stable capsule contains a large diameter metal membrane and is similar to our proven measuring microphone capsules regarding its construction as a pressure transducer. Capsule and impedance transformer are a unit.
The transformerless microphone preamplifier shows a high output capability and has a symmetrical output stage. A 10 dB pre-attenuation and the bass roll-off extend the application range. The two switches are sunk placed in the middle of the microphone.
The microphone is powered by a 3-pin XLR connector. The power supply is provided by P 48 volt phantom powering according to DIN 45596 and IEC 268-15.
- Polar pattern: omni
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure transducer
- Frequency range: 20 ... 20000 Hz + 2,5 dB
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz: 15 mV/Pa
- Switch position "reduced bass roll-off" at 90 Hz: -10 dB
- Rated impedance: 150 ohms
- Equivalent loudness level: CCIR 468-4 22 dB due to inherent noise: DIN EN 60 651 14 dB - A
- Signal-to-noise-ratio: CCIR-weighted 72 dB (re. 1 Pa at 1 kHz), A-weighted: 80 dB
- Max. SPL for THD < 0.5 percent, 134 dB with preattenuation
- Total dynamic range: 120 dB
- Current consumtion (P 48, DIN 45596, IEC 268-15), 3 mA
- Output connector: 3-pin XLR connector goldplated contacts
- Dimensions: 256 mm x 21/24 mm