Mercury M72s MKIII - 2 Channel Mic Pre/DI
The Mercury M72S MK.III is Mercury's flagship,2 channel valve studio microphone pre-amplifier. The M72S MK.III is based on the highly sought after vintage amplifier module, the 'Telefunken/ Siemens v72s.' which is famous for being in Abbey Roads REDD.37 consoles and being used on all the early Beatles recordings by George Martin.
Although the Mercury M72S MK.III has had a face lift it is still build in the USA and features the Stella tone and character of the original units. The Mercury M72s MKIII now has the addition of pad, phase, phantom and gain controls make it even more versatile without sacrificing the most important feature: Musicality.
Mercury M72s MKIII Specifications:
- Mic Input Impedance: Approx. 2k
- Suggested Source Impedance: Approx. 200 ohms
- Input Impedance with -28dB Pad: Approx. 4k
- DI Input Impedance: 2M ohms
- Internal Output impedance: 30-50 ohms (depends on gain setting)
- Suggested Minimum Load: 500 ohms
- Max. Mic Signal Input Level (@ 20 Hz): +34dBu with -28dB Pad engaged / +6dBu with Pad not engaged
- Max Output Level: +22dBu
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.5dB
- Harmonic Distortion: All musically related low orders of harmonics, with no significant order above 5th.
- Tubes: 2x EF806s, per channel
- Rack Size: 2U
|Model||Mercury M72s MKIII|