The Maselec MEA-2 is a stereo or 2-channel, analogue mastering EQ featuring four bands, each with stepped frequency, Q/shelf and cut/boost controls. The MEA-2 provides a transparent signal path where EQ adjustments take place without adding a particular sonic signature.
Stepped controls allow settings to be precisely recalled, the cut and boost is stepped in 0.5dB increments with the with maximum amount of cut or boost on each band being 8dB. Each channel and be independently bypassed using the illuminated button on the front of the unit.
Use the Masalec MEA-2 mastering EQ to add warmth, punch and air to your mix with minimum effort and an uncompromised signal path.
The Maselec MEA-2 is designed with mastering use in mind, although it can be a useful tool in tracking and mixing duties.
Maselec MEA-2 Features
- Four separate shelf/bell switchable equalizer sections per channel
- Unique equalization characteristics, optimized through extensive listening tests
- Precision stepped controls for accuracy and repeatability
- Overlapping frequency ranges with 84 settings per channel
- Excellent channel-to-channel matching
- Interactive cut/boost and bandwidth controls for more natural operation
- Low noise and wide dynamic range
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs
- Individual EQ sections are completely switched off when the gain controls are set to 0dB
- Full bypass when the power is turned off
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Maselec SKU SMASMEA2 Model MEA-2 GTIN NA
£10,995.00 (inc. vat) £9,162.50 (ex. vat)
£5,718.54 (inc. vat) £4,765.45 (ex. vat)
£8,918.40 (inc. vat) £7,432.00 (ex. vat)
£8,614.42 (inc. vat) £7,178.68 (ex. vat)