Marantz PMD661 MKII
The Marantz PMD661 MKII is a professional handheld solid state digital audio recorder. Featuring up to 96KHz sampling rate, battery or PSU power, various input formats and a USB 2.0 connection for fast file transfer.
Marantz PMD661 MKII Features
- Professionally featured portable solid state recorder
- 44.1/48/ 96KHz sample rate selection (96KHz only for PCM)
- Record directly to SD cards - SD/SDHC compatible
- Large OLED (organic LED) Display
- Passcode protection for the device and password protected file encryption
- Balanced XLR Line Input, Unbalanced line in and out, Digital Input (SPDIF) USB 2.0 for fast file transfer
- 4 x AA Batteries, providing six hours recording
The Marantz PMD661 MKII sports a refined professional broadcast feature set, maintaining the improved top facia layout with fewer buttons and more highly developed use of multi-functional operation previously seen in the original PMD661. Measuring just 165 x 93 x 36 mm (6.5 x 3.7 x 1.4 inches), and combined with the improved control layout it ensures comprehensive single handed operation. The feature set includes an integrated high quality stereo condenser microphone array for 'point and shoot' operation, and a highly visible 128 x 64 dots matrix OLED (organic LED) display.
The PMD661 MKII features balanced mic and balanced line XLR inputs, as well as unbalanced line outs on RCA connectors and a secondary unbalanced line in on 3.5 mm mini jack connector. Also included is a high resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz recording option (PCM).
The PMD661 MKII utilises SD flash media, the most widely available and fastest developing flash memory format. Compatibility with SDHC media means that cards currently up to 32 GB in size can be used. High capacity media storage is matched by five hours recording time from four AA Alkaline / Ni-MH batteries. Drag and drop file transfer is supported via the USB port.
Feature improvements over the original PMD661 include new built in 'SD Card Check' so it is easy and convenient to insert any SD card and check compatibility before investing in multiple cards that may not match the high performance of the PMD661 MKII.
Journalists on the move, up against tight deadlines will make use of the new 'Retake' feature which allows a simple button press to take you back though the previously recorded audio to edit the record start point. This enables easy re-recording over unwanted takes and offers a solution for quick editing on the move without the need to edit on a computer.
New security features have also been added into the MKII with Password Protection and File encryption ability that work hand in hand to keep recordings safe form unauthorised access. MP3 files can be encrypted to .MPS files and WAV files encrypted to .WAS files which utilise the 4 digit password protection feature so that only those with the 4 digit password can open and play the files either on the player or in the new updated PMD Marker Editor software, included in the box.
- Type: Portable Stereo Solid-State Field Recorder
- Recording/Reading Methods: WAV or MP3 to SD/SDHC
- Recording Bit Rate:
- WAV: 16, 24-bit Linear PCM
- MP3: 64/128/192/256/320kbps
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96 kHz
- Number of Channels: 2 (Stereo) or 1 (Mono)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 24kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- Mic: 65 dB
- Line: 85 dB
- Dynamic Range: 85 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD):
- Mic: 0.08%
- Line: 0.02%
- 2 x On-Board Microphones
- 2 x Mic/Line XLR Jacks with 48V Phantom Power
- 1 x 3.5mm Stereo Line Input
- 1 x S/PDIF RCA Digital Input
- 1 x 3.5mm Remote Jack
- 2 x On-Board Speakers
- 1 x 1/4" Headphone Jack
- 1 x RCA Stereo Output
- 1 x USB 2.0 Port
- 4 x AA Batteries or Included AC Adapter
- 1 x Lithium Battery (Backup Battery for Real-Time Clock)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 3.7 x 1.4 x 6.5" (93 x 36 x 165 mm)
- Weight: 14 oz (410g)