MANLEY LABORATORIES is the only authorized user of the original Western Electric passive EQ circuitry previously licensed to Pulse Techniques, Inc. found in the well-known antique Pultecs.
The MANLEY PULTEC EQP-1A, now available in both single and 2-channel versions, uses 1 x 12AU7WA and 1 x 6414 in our ALL-TUBE single-ended line amplifier for the gain make-up and extra-beefy sound; gain is factory set for unity but additional gain is available by a rear mounted feedback adjustment trimpot. Like the 40dB Mic Preamps, the Manley Pultecs offer both transformer coupled balanced and direct capacitor coupled unbalanced outputs for easy interface and sonic variety.
EQP-1A Enhanced Dual Channel Features
- MANLEY input transformer with pure nickel laminations potted in mu-metal case. 3K ohm input Z
- PHASE REVERSE switch for balanced XLR input
- Alternate transformerless 1/4" HI-Z (5K ohm) input
- BYPASS switch & AUTO-MUTE w/warmup delay
- Silent conductive plastic BOOST & CUT controls
- Sealed gold-contact Greyhill frequency select switches
- Hi-current drive 50 ohm LO-Z XLR & 1/4" outputs
- Balanced Transformer Coupled XLR Outputs
- Flat frequency response from 10Hz-70KHz
- <0.01% THD @ 1Khz
- S/N Ratio: 116 dB
- Adjustable FEEDBACK / GAIN: Unity A±5 dB
- Max. output: +30 dBv
- Power consumption: 18 watts
- Operating mains voltage: Units are purpose built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC
as indicated on the serial number badge. Power transformer must be replaced in order to change mains operating voltage.
120VAC units may NOT be rewired to put the primaries of the power transformer in series for 220-240V operation or a large radiated field of hum will develop. If changing locations/voltages, the power transformer must be replaced with the dedicated one for the voltage at which it will operate.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Dimensions: 19" x 1 3/4" x 10" (occupies 1u)
- Shipping weight: 12 lbs.