Mackie SRM1801 - 18" Powered Subwoofer
The Mackie SRM1801 is an 18 inch powered subwoofer that delivers powerful, chest-thumping lows, perfect for your SRM450v2 PA system. The SRM1801 has a ported bass reflex design that produces tight low end. And the lightweight, ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery™ power amplifier delivers 1000W peak power with less risk of thermal overload. This makes the sub extremely lightweight and portable, without compromising the power and performance that you need. It's the first ever 18" subwoofer specifically designed for use with the best-selling SRM450v2—add some serious low end to your portable PA with the SRM1801.
What does 1000W of peak power mean to you? It means having a subwoofer that delivers rump-shaking bass night after night. It means getting class-leading power and output. To accomplish this, the SRM1801 features Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification. Class-D amps are more efficient and lightweight, with far less waste heat produced versus competing designs. Fast Recovery means you can occasionally push into clipping without a ton of nasty distortion. So, power is no problem... but how does it sound? The SRM1801 benefits from built-in Active electronics, like a precision crossover and tuning filters for accurate bass response. Some subwoofers have decent power, but when you listen, everything sounds loose and flabby. The SRM1801 delivers professional low end that you can feel...custom tuned to be tight and punchy.
Paired with a Mackie SRM450v2, you have a complete (and completely affordable) “plug and play” system that is ideal for small clubs, DJs or rehearsal spaces. The SRM1801 has both full-range and high-pass stereo outputs for connection to full-range top boxes. Just dial in the appropriate level and use the polarity switch to make sure the sub is in phase with the top boxes. The integrated pole-cup can accommodate a standard mounting pole, so your favorite speaker has a nice place to sit. Or you can just stack your full-range box right on top...the SRM1801 ain't picky. It's also a great match for the popular Mackie TH-15A and can easily integrate into nearly any existing PA setup you may have.
*Pictured top-box and speaker pole not included
Mackie SRM1801 Features
- 1000W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification
- Mackie Active electronics provide total system optimization
- Precision crossover (125Hz)
- Tuning filters for accurate bass response
- 18-inch woofer delivers superior output and low-frequency extension (aka Thump)
- Dual XLR inputs for mono or stereo applications
- Stereo high-pass and full range outputs
- User-adjustable level and polarity controls
- Individual power, signal, OL, and thermal protect indicators
- Pole receptacle for mounting full-range loudspeakers
- Solid plywood enclosure with high-durability, textured black paint
- Extremely lightweight and portable (73 lbs / 33.1 kg)