Mackie HD1221 - 12" 2-Way Powered PA Loudspeaker 1200W
The Mackie HD1221 is a 2-Way High-Definition Powered PA Loudspeaker delivering class-leading power, unmatched clarity and extreme flexibility in a design that looks as good as it sounds.
The flexible design of the Mackie HD1221 lets you stack it, pole-mount it, fly it or even use it as a premium stage monitor. Class-D Fast Recovery amplification produces 1200W of peak system power. High-Definition Audio Processing incorporates next-generation Mackie Active electronics and re-defines powered loudspeakers by implementing Mackie’s patented acoustic correction processing for an experience that is unrivaled in the world of portable powered PA systems.
This potent bi-amplified system is extremely compact (even smaller than the legendary SRM450), but still very powerful, providing a beefy 500W RMS low-frequency amplifier and a 100W RMS high-frequency amplifier that, when combined, can deliver a max SPL up to 133 dB (calculated, measured maximum SPL of 124 dB).
For the HD1221, Mackie worked closely with both Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW) and Martin Audio. The engineering team at EAW played a big role in designing this diminutive sonic wonder. They fine-tuned the system for complete optimization and created custom-designed transducers, ensuring maximum efficiency and performance. There’s also an innovative horn design straight from the award-winning engineers at Martin Audio.
Mackie HD1221 Features
- 1200W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery amplification
- LF 500W RMS / 1000W peak
- HF 100W RMS / 200W peak
- High-definition digital processing
- Revolutionary patented acoustic correction
- Transducer time alignment and phase correction
- Precision 2-way crossover
- Custom designed transducers by EAW
- 12” neodymium woofer with 3” voice coil
- 1.75” compression driver with heat-treated titanium diaphragm
- Custom designed user-rotatable 90 x 50 horn by Martin Audio
- 60 degree monitor angle for maximum coverage on stage
- Three user-selectable voicing modes for easy system tuning
- I/O connections: XLR
- Ultra-compact and lightweight (50 lb / 22.7 kg)
- Integrated limiting and protection circuitry
- Rugged all wood cabinet (15mm birch)
- 12 integrated fly points for horizontal and vertical rigging
- Stand / pole mountable