Mackie FRS-2800 - 2800 Watt 2-Channel Lightweight Power Amplifier
The Mackie FRS-2800 power amplifier delivers phenomenal power from within a lightweight chassis at an incredible price.
The FRS-2800 uses Mackie's Fast Recovery circuitry delivering undistorted, clean sound with both punch and clarity even when pushed to the very limit. The Fast Recovery circuitry has been developeed to cater for real world situations including those where the user will enivitably need to push the amplifier to clipping levels. To avoid the harmonic distortion normally associated with traditional "negative feedback" clipping modes the Fast Recovery circuits avoid saturation within the sub-stages to prevent the latching phenomenon.
Weighing less than 10 kg the FRS-2800 features an ultra efficient lightweight power supply offering many pratical and sonic advantages. The FRS amplifier series use "soft" switching to ensure little heat or errant energy is generated, this enables the FRS-2800 to run cool and quiet.
Mackie's FRS-2800 amplifiers use complete protection circuitry to deliver reliable sustained performance. All FRS amplifiers use a defeatable clip limiter, a subsonic filter and short, under-impedance, over-current and thermal protection.
Mono / Stereo Modes
8 ohms per channels: 500W
4 ohms per channels: 850W
2 ohms per channels: 1300W
Bridged Mono Mode
8 ohms: 1700W
Mackie FRS-2800 Features
- Fast Recovery™ circuitry for clean, undistorted sound
- Ultra-lightweight switching power supply for maximum efficiency and minimal heat
- 2800W continuous power @ 4 ohms bridged
- Selectable mono/stereo/bridged operating modes
- High-resolution, 6-segment LED meter per channel
- Defeatable clip limiter plus short, under-impedance, over-current and thermal protection
- 30Hz subsonic filter maximizes amplifier efficiency and headroom
- Combo XLR/TRS input and TRS thru connectors per channel
- NL4 and binding post outputs per channel
- Third NL4 output for bridged mono applications, also provides both output channels on a single connector (mono/stereo modes)
- Multi-speed fans adjust to operating temperature for minimal acoustic noise
- Robust, impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- Lightweight and portable