Mackie Big Knob - Studio Command System
The Mackie Big Knob is a simple yet powerful desktop audio control center that lets musicians and engineers get right to the business of making music in four major ways: Level Control, Studio Monitor Selection, Input Source Selection and Talkback & Headphone Control. Using a big, convenient volume knob, Big Knob lets you adjust volume levels the way our ancient audio ancestors (Analogus Engineerus) did - with a simple, intuitive knob, not with a mouse and screen. The end result is a higher degree of precision and much quicker level adjustments
On the input side, Big Knob lets you connect up to 4 stereo input sources at once. This means you can simultaneously connect to your computer/DAW outputs, CD player, cassette deck and even a turntable using the premium onboard RIAA preamp. You can even connect keyboards, guitars, drum machines, samplers - anything you'd like to hear - through your monitors. This makes Big Knob great for comparing your mixes-in-progress to your favorite CDs, for archiving your old LPs, jamming along to your favorite tune, and lots more.
With its built-in Talkback mic and spring-loaded activation switches, Big Knob lets you quickly communicate with musicians in both the studio and tracking room - no more hand signals through the glass! Big Knob also sports two high-powered headphone outputs with a discrete headphone mix bus, solving the communications needs of most computer-based studios.
Mackie Big Knob Features
- Tabletop level control / monitor switcher / source selector & talkback box
- Big, convenient volume knob for precise level adjustments
- Switch between 3 sets of studio monitors
- Built-in Talkback microphone for easy communication with musicians
- Monitor 3 independent Stereo inputs plus Mix input
- Dual Headphone outputs with independent headphone mix bus
- Phono preamp for turntable connection
- High-end esoteric studio sound quality and robust construction
- Perfect for computer-based studios