The M-Audio Sputnik is a Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Vacuum Tube Condenser Microphone Offering cardioid, figure-eight, and omni-directional patterns. Sputnik is an ideal microphone for a number of critical vocal and instrument applications.
The large diameter Mylar diaphragm features an evaporated-gold coating, providing a uniform and even response. The inverse-mounted vacuum tube delivers an ultra-clean, uncoloured sound. Solid brass offers integrity to the body and the tuned backplate as well.
Sputnik comes with a shock mount, dedicated power supply/cable, and a custom flight case.
M-Audio Sputnik Features
- 1” diameter evaporated gold Mylar diaphragm
- Switchable cardioid, figure-eight, and omni polar patterns
- Hand-selected military-grade 6205M vacuum tube
- Dual-layer steel grille offers solid protection
- Solid brass body; tuned solid brass backplate
- Switchable 10 dB pad and 80 Hz filter (12 dB /octave)
- Dedicated power supply with 7-pin cable
- Includes shock mount, bag, and flight case