M-Audio BX8 Carbon - Active Studio Monitors
The M-Audio BX8 Carbon is the latest addition to the extremely popular BX range by M-Audio. The BX8 Carbon is equipped with a 8" Kevlar low-frequency driver and a 1.25" natural silk dome tweeter and together they deliver a flat frequency response with enhanced stereo imaging and increased clarity which enables you to complete authentic mixing that will translate well to other listening systems.
Each M-Audio BX8 Carbon is bi-amplified by 130 watts of Class A/B amplification meaning high power with less noise that can handle today's modern music with ease. On the rear panel of the M-Audio BX8 Carbon are a TRS input, XLR input and an acoustic switch which helps provide the optimal settings for any acoustic conditions.
M-Audio BX8 Specifications:
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- LF Driver: 8-inch (203 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voicecoil and damped rubber surround, magnetically shielded
- HF Driver: 1.25-inch (32mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz – 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
- LF Amplifier: Power 70 W
- HF Amplifier: Power 60 W
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 100 dB typical A-weighted
- Input Connectors:
- 1 x XLR balanced input connector
- 1 x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 20 KΩ balanced, 10 KΩ unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meterwith volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turnon/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse.
- Indicator: Power on/off indicator on rear panel
- Power Requirements: Factory-programmed for 115 V ~50/60 Hz, 230 V ~50/60 Hz, or100 V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimension: (height x width x depth): 15" x 10" x 12", 381 mm x 254 mm x 305 mm
- Weight (without packing): 26.4 lbs., 12 kg