M-Audio BX5-D2 - Pair
The M-Audio BX5 D2 Studio Monitors are affordable and professional monitors from the BX range. With exceptional transparency and sonic definition the BX5 D2 monitors are made for recording, mixing, and mastering. The BX5 D2 speakers cater for all listening environments from professional studios to home project studios.
Praised and used by countless studio professionals, the BX5 D2 Monitors from Avid M-Audio produce and mix music at a quality you hear every day. What you hear from the BX5 D2 is what you will hear on your MP3 player, car stereo and on live stage. This is due to the improved technologies Avid M-Audio has inherited.
The high-frequency driver on the BX5D2 is a silk-dome and is waveguide-loaded. It is fully isolated fully isolated from the rest of the enclosure. This ensures minimum distortion and an ultra-smooth frequency response up to 22 kHz. To match the high-frequency driver is the 5” low-frequency driver made purely from woven Kevlar. The superior qualities of Kevlar make it thermal resilient, perfect for hard hitting music and long studio sessions. The curved conical design of the BX5 D2 improves room dispersion. Another unique feature are the high-temperature voice coils, which reduce power compression for greater studio performance.
M-Audio Bx5 D2 Features
- Bi-amplified design with 70 watts of distributed power - Cohesive, accurate sound
- 5" low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones - Rich, defined lows
- 1" high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides - Smooth, clear highs
- Optimized rear ports - Extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs - Connect all your gear
- Frequency response: 53 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 3 kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 40 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 30 watts
- Maximum signal-to-noise (dynamic range): > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: factory programmed for either 115V ~50/60 Hz or 230V ~50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 7.7" x 7" x 10"; 19.5cm x 17.6cm x 25.2cm
- Weight: 11 lbs./unit; 5 kg.