M-Audio BX5 Carbon - Compact Active Studio Monitors
The M-Audio BX5 Carbon is the latest addition to the extremely popular BX5 range by M-Audio. The BX5 Carbon is equipped with a 5" Kevlar low-frequency driver and a 1" natural silk dome tweeter and together they deliver a flat frequency response with enhanced stereo imaging and increased clarity which enables you to complete authentic mixing in a compact space-saving design.
Each M-Audio BX5 Carbon is bi-amplified by 70 watts of Class A/B amplification meaning high power with less noise that can handle today's modern music with ease. On the rear panel of the M-Audio BX5 Carbon are a TRS input, XLR input and an acoustic switch which helps provide the optimal settings for any acoustic conditions.
M-Audio BX5 Carbon Specifications:
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- LF Driver: 5-inch (127 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voicecoil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- HF Driver: 1-inch (25 mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 56 Hz – 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 40 W
- HF Amplifier Power: 30 W
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB typical A-weighted
- Input Connectors:
- 1 x XLR balanced input connector
- 1 x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 20 KΩ balanced, 10 KΩ unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turnon/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse.
- Indicator: Power on/off indicator on rear panel
- Power Requirements: Factory-programmed for 115 V ~50/60 Hz, 230 V ~50/60 Hz, or 100 V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimension (height x width x depth): 9.8" x 6.9" x 7.9", 250 mm x 176 mm x 200 mm
- Weight (without packing): 11 lbs., 5.0 kg*