Lynx AES16e50 PCIe with AES50 Interface
The Lynx AES16e-50 offers 16 channels of 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O with up to 32 additional digital inputs/outputs via AES50 technology and 16 ADAT channels via the card’s LStream port. AES50 multi-channel I/O in conjunction with Lynx’s exclusive SynchroLock™ sample clock technology provide a practical solution where cable runs up to 100 meters are required for permanent installation, portable live sound and multi-room recording and production facilities.
The AES16e product line builds on the capabilities of our industry-standard AES16 with an updated feature set and the benefits of the PCI Express interface. The architecture and higher bandwidth of PCI Express reduces bottlenecks and overhead, which provides higher performance for computer-based high end audio. The AES16e-50 x1 PCI Express card is compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
Lynx AES16e50 Features:
- x1 PCI Express interface works with Macintosh or Windows PCs with PCI Express slots (x1 - x16)
- Eight stereo inputs and eight stereo outputs (16 mono I/O), AES/EBU format, 24 bit, single wire and dual wire, transformer coupled
- 48 I/O channels available via AES50 Port - recording and playback on 32 channels at 44.1/48 kHz, 24 channels at 88.2/96 kHz, and 12 channels at 176.4/192 kHz using standard CAT5e or CAT6 cable
- Additional 16 ADAT I/O channels available with optional LS-ADAT daughter card
- Uber Mixer provides industry-leading processing power (220 MIPS*) to support mixing of 32 inputs and 32 playback channels for each of the 32 outputs
- Sixteen channels of sample rate conversion on AES/EBU inputs - support for conversion ratios up to 16:1 with 144 dB dynamic range and -140dB THD+N
- All relevant settings, such as sample rate selection, sync source selection, routing and mixing, and buffer size are controlled and monitored from the host computer
- Multi-channel support of 5.1 and 7.1 surround playback formats
- Includes Lynx exclusive SynchroLock™ sample clock generator for 3000:1 jitter rejection on external clock sources
- Supports ASIO and WDM for Windows and CoreAudio for Mac OS X
- Easy driver installation for Windows, Mac OS X