The Little Labs IBP (in-between phase) analog phase-alignment tool, Little Labs tackles previously unaddressed problems faced daily in recording sessions.
The IBP was designed to help engineers effectively eliminate the undesirable hollow sound when combining out-of-phase and partially out-of-phase audio signals. The IBP will allow engineers to put an audio signal in phase, when the mixing desk's polarity button will not. Whether combining direct and miked signals, drum kit tom-tom mics, multiple split-guitar amps, top and bottom snare, or the classic acoustic guitar and vocal mic phase problem, audio signals will be put in phase quickly and easily with the Little Labs IBP analog phase-alignment tool.
The Little Labs IBP combines real-time, line-level phase control with audiophile quality. Additionally, its selectable instrument input stage utilizes the super-fidelity circuitry of the well respected Little Labs Multi Z DI and PCP Instrument Distro.
Simply used as a direct box, the IBP allows a bass player to walk into a session, feed the console desk line level and send a buffered guitar signal out to a combo amp. When levels are brought up to the desk, the bass player himself can tweak the IBP phase-adjust putting the miked and direct tracks in phase. Producing a solid in-phase bass sound with the IBP will make the engineer and bass player both look and sound great.
And if that is not enough the IBP can re-amp, bringing your +4dB line level signal to guitar level, with or without phase adjustment. Furthermore the IBP using the instrument in, buffered out, and re-amp out simultaneously, will work as a guitar splitter with one output phase adjusted for creative summing and cancelling between guitar amps.
Little Labs IBP Features
- Real time all analog phase sweep between zero and one hundred and eighty degrees... and everything in-between.
- Allows mics to be placed where they sound best individually, compromising mic placement due to phase problems is not necessary when using the ibp.
- +4dB XLR balanced input and outputs.
- Internal super quality active transformer isolated line level direct box.
- Re-amp capability for bringing +4dB line level signal to guitar level.
- Buffered instrument level output for driving long guitar cable.
- Allows splitting between two instrument amps with transformer isolation and phase sweep.
- Rack mountable 4 IBPs fit in a1U 19" standard rack space.
- Extremely high quality construction. Made in the U.S.A
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Little Labs SKU SLLAIBPS Model SLLAIBPS GTIN N/A