Korg Volca Bass Machine
Pure analogue bass at an accessible price; is it possible? It is with the Korg Volca Bass Machine. Harking back to the days of the Roland TB-303 and other compact, analogue bass synth modules, the Volca Bass mixes retro styling with classic acid bass sound.
Korg Volca Bass Features
Three combinable oscillators offer a huge range of sonic possibilities, allowing multiple pitches to be selected for each to create chords and unison sounds. Korg’s analog filter adds futher possibilities still, allowing sounds to be shaped and modulated through the Volca’s LFO or overdriven for nastier acidic sounds. You can also play the unit direct, through its ribbon controller, or connect a third party MIDI keyboard or MIDI out from software to expand its playability. Whats more, the signal chain is laid out in a simple and accessible way. A single VCF, VCA LFO and EG mean the Volca keys is a great introduction to synthesis. Users of all abilities will be able to craft great bass tones with ease.
The Volca Bass’ 16 step sequencer is derived from the Korg Electribe. Notes can be entered while monitoring the timing and multiple phrases can be entered for each oscillator. The “slide” function lets you apply glissando between notes in a sequence to smooth out you’re patterns even further. Once you’re happy with the performance, up to 8 user created patterns can be stored on the Volca Bass’ internal memory.
Traditional analogue synths suffer from ”Drift”, when the oscillators slowly drift out of pitch with each other due to their analogue nature. The Volca Bass solves this by providing a Self-tuning function that constantly tunes the oscillators. You'll never need to tune during a performance, or wait for the pitch to stabilize after turning the power on.
The Volca Bass is just one part of the Volca Series from Korg. The Volca Keys is a simple and fun analog poly-synth while the Volca Beats is a surprisingly powerful drum machine. Pair two or all three Volca’s together, and you’ll end up with a completely portable, analogue groove machine! All fully beat synced thanks to each Volca’s integrated MIDI sync.
- Multi touch Keyboard / step key
- Type Analog synthesis
- Structure 3VCO, 1VCF, 1VCA, 1LFO, 1EG
- VCO Wave Saw, Square
- VCF Cutoff, Peak, EG Int
- VCF Type Low Pass Filter, 12 db/oct
- VCA EG on/of, Sustain on/off
- LFO Rate, Int, Target (Amp, Pitch, Cutoff), Wave (Triangle, Square）
- EG Attack, Decay/Release, Sustain
- Number of parts 3
- Number of Steps 16
- Number of Recording Patterns 8
- Audio Output Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- MIDI In
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- Battery Life Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power supply AA alkaline battery ×6, AA nickel-metal hydride battery ×6
- AC adapter “KA-350” (optional)
- (W x D x H) 193 × 115 × 46 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.82 inches
- 370 g / 0.82 lbs (Excluding batteries)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Korg SKU SKORVOLCABASS Model VOLCABASS GTIN 0886830754838