The Korg Odyssey is a Korg recreation of the famous ARP Odyssey synthesizer originally produced in 1972. With the assistance of the co-founder of ARP Instruments David Friend, Korg has reproduced the original circuitry for artists looking to recreate classic sounds or explore new ones.
- 2VCO. The duophonic design allows two different pitches to sound when you play two notes.
- The high degree of pitch stability for which the ARP Odyssey was remarkable in its time has been perfectly reproduced.
- Pitch is variable over a wide range of 20 Hz--2 kHz.
- Pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can be controlled.
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones extending into a high range.
- Noise generator provides two noise types: white and pink.
- Powerful LFO can be used as a modulation source for the oscillator or filter, or as a trigger source for sample & hold.
- Ring modulator generates metallic sounds with rich overtones.
- The distinctive S/H MIXER lets you easily create sample & hold sounds by using the oscillator or noise generator as a source that's triggered by the LFO or keyboard.
- The three types of low-pass filter found on different production runs of the original ARP Odyssey are all provided. With a single switch you can select any one of these filters with their differing characteristics: TYPE I (Rev1) is a 12 dB/octave filter with a sharp and punchy sound, TYPE II (Rev2) is a 24 dB/octave filter that's great for thick low sounds, and TYPE III (Rev3) features excellent stability even when the resonance is increased.
- A wide variety of modulation sources such as S/H, LFO, ADSR, and AR can be used to modulate the filter.
- A high-pass filter is provided following the low-pass filter, giving you even broader sound design possibilities.
- A new function, the DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds.
- VCA GAIN slider leaves the note sustaining. Ideal for sound design.
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR. This can be used not only for the VCA but also to modulate the filter or oscillator.
- Keyboard: 37-note (Slimkey, No velocity sensitivity, No aftertouch)
- Maximum Polyphony: 2 voices for duophonic; normally monophonic
- Transpose Positions 2 octaves down, normal, 2 octave up
- Proportional Pitch Control b (Pitch down) Pad: about -2 / 3 octave - (Modulation) Pad # (Pitch-up) Pad: about +2 / 3 octave
- Noise Generator: Noise Spectrum Types (white and pink)
- Maximum Speed about 0.01 msec./oct
- Minimum Speed about 1.5 sec./oct
- VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator):
- Waveforms - Sawtooth, Square, Pluse (Dynamic Pluse)
- Frequency Range - VCO-1 in low freq. mode, 0.2 Hz – 20 Hz: VCO-1 and VCO-2 (audio range) about 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Warm Up Drift - 1/30 semitone from turn on max
- Pulse Width - 50 % – 5 %
- Pulse Width Modulation - ADSR, +45 % LFO, +15 %
- Voltage Controlled Response - 1 V/oct
- Maximum Frequency Shifts - LFO sin wave, +1/2 oct. LFO square wave, +1.5 oct. ADSR, +9 oct. S/H, +2 oct. * VCO-1 is low note priority, VCO-2 is high note priority.
- VCF (Voltage Controlled Filter):
- Types - Low pass (I: 12 dB/oct., II III: 24 dB/oct.)
- Frequency Range - 16 Hz - 16 kHz
- Maximum Usable Q - 30
- Resonance - 1/2 - self oscillate
- Voltage Controlled Response - C3 key (left edge): 0 V C6 key (right edge) 3 V
- VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) Dynamic Range: 80 dB
- Ring Modulator:
- Type - Digital
- Input Signal - VCO-1, VCO-2 (square wave)
- Power Supply: AC adapter jack (DC 9V)
- Power Consumption: 6.5 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 502 x 380 x 120 mm / 19.76" x 14.96" x 4.72"
- Weight: 5 kg / 11.02 lbs
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Korg SKU SKORODYSSEY Model ARPOdyssey GTIN 04959112136885
£778.99 (inc. vat) £649.16 (ex. vat)
£229.00 (inc. vat) £190.83 (ex. vat)
£280.33 (inc. vat) £233.61 (ex. vat)
£2,099.00 (inc. vat) £1,749.17 (ex. vat)
£525.00 (inc. vat) £437.50 (ex. vat)