JBL VRX918S - 18" Bass Reflex Subwoofer Loudspeaker
The JBL VRX918S is a compact, high power suspendable subwoofer system containing a 2268H neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive®, 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The VRX918S was designed speciﬁcally for use in arrays with the VRX932LA Line Array speaker and VRX-AF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX918S subwoofers.
The system offers complete input connection ﬂexibility for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2.
Equally at home in ground stacked applications, the VRX918S is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 35 mm pole sockets and weighing up to 50 kg (100 lb). The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight
The enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL’s rugged DuraFlex™ ﬁnish and is heavily braced to maximize low-frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance. TThe rear of the enclosure is ﬁtted with T-nuts which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
JBL VRX918S Features
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of VRX932LA line-arrays and optional array frame.
- 18 inch, 2268H Differential Drive® woofer for extended low-frequency output
- Large port area for reduced distortion
- 20 mm threaded pole socket for solid, secure satellite speaker mounting
JBL VRX918S Specifications
- Power Rating: 800 W / 1600 W / 3200 W
- Frequency Range: 31 Hz – 220 Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- 508 mm x 597 mm x 749 mm
- 20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in
- Frequency Response: 34 Hz – 220 Hz
- Recommended Crossover Frequencies:
- 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave HPF
- 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave LPF
- System Maximum SPL: 130 dB SPL peak
- System Sensitivity: 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: Tunings available at www.jblpro.com
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX932LA-AF line array frame kit or 10mm eyebolt
- Finish: Black DuraFlex™ finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik® Speakon® NL-4 (x2)
- Net Weight: 37 kg (81 lb)
- Optional Accessories:
- SRX718S-CVR: Pull-over padded cover
- SS4-BK: Adjustable, heavy-duty pole, M20 thread to 35 mm
- WK-4: Caster kit
- VRX-AF: Array Frame Kit
- M-10 eyebolt kit