IK Multimedia Sample Tank 2.5 XL - Virtual Instrument Sampler
IK Multimedia SampleTank 3 is a robust sample-based workstation which includes over 30GB of samples, 4,000 ready-to-play instruments, 2,500 rhythm loops, and 2,000 MIDI files. Employing a completely retooled software engine, SampleTank 3 delivers ultra-realistic articulations, creative pitch-shift/time-stretching, and a sizable collection of filter effects - without taxing your CPU.
In 2001, IK Multimedia made history with SampleTank, the first ever sample-based sound workstation for computer. That release was followed in 2003 by SampleTank 2, which has since become an industry standard with an unparalleled software longevity due to its high-quality sounds, easy-to-use interface and powerful included effects. Considering its versatility and power, it's no wonder that SampleTank has been featured on thousands of the most iconic productions and compositions of the last decade.
Now, over ten years in the making, SampleTank 3 builds on this storied heritage. Like its predecessors, it's the most advanced sound workstation available on the market today. It features a constantly expanding world of sounds, advanced playing and editing features and a full suite of studio-quality effects. SampleTank 3 builds on everything that's made it one of the most popular virtual instruments of all time, making it an essential piece in the musical toolkit of any serious musician, studio producer or live performer for years to come.
What makes SampleTank 3 so powerful is its extraordinarily large sound library. SampleTank 3 now comes with over 33 gigabytes of professionally recorded instruments - that’s over 4,000 instruments in 21 instrument categories - far more than most other music workstations out-of-the-box. Plus, SampleTank 3 includes over 2,500 drum, percussion and full groove construction kit loops and over 2,000 MIDI patterns for its brand new MIDI player section.
These sounds are far from ordinary: SampleTank 3's library has been carefully assembled and recorded by IK's experienced recording engineers with high-quality instruments played by professional musicians in some of the world's finest studios. Each instrument has been chosen and recorded to produce the rich depth and vivid realism of live playing. With SampleTank 3, you'll swear a musician is in the room with you - more importantly, though, is that SampleTank 3's powerful editing and effects features let you control every aspect of these sounds, which allows for an unparalleled creative sonic experience.
Though SampleTank 3 features a massive quantity of quality content - with a variety that far surpasses similar workstations - its real forte is the quality of its sounds, which accurately replicate all the qualities of your favorite instruments. Its pianos, drums, basses, guitars, synthesizers, brass, strings, vocals and other more exotic sounds shine brightly in any mix with little adjustment. And all this is available in an easy-to-use workstation that has a workflow that lets you get right into doing what you do best: making great sounding music.
SampleTank 3 Features
- Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a Standalone application
- Content structured in Instruments, Multis and MIDI Patterns
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X and Windows
- Supported plug-in formats: AAX, VST, and Audio Units
- 16 part multitimbral
- 16 individual stereo outputs
- Info view with specific information and 3D icon for each instrument
- Mix view and full mix parameters control
- Live mode for instantaneous sounds loading, organized in set lists and songs
- Pad interface lets launch patterns, loops or single notes seamlessly from iRig Pads or any MIDI controller
- 55 studio quality effects
- Part Range Controls allows for creating splits and layers
- Edit view for in depth editing of all synth engine parameters, independently for all the elements or articulations that are included in the instrument
- Instrument browsing
- BPM syncable time-based effects, audio loop instruments and LFOs
- Four play modes including mono legato with portamento.
- Zone switch allows to edit individual key-zones for the selected sound elelement or articulation
- Multi Articulation and Key Switch instrument control
- Easy to use assignable MIDI control to any parameter with MIDI Learn
- Instrument and Multi saving
- Convenient Search function for Instruments, Multis and Patterns
- Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis)
3 Synth Engines
- Full Amps: American Vintage T, Amp Combo, British Tube Lead 2, Jazz Amp 120, Modern Tube Lead, SVT Classic
- Amp Components: Cabinet, Preamp, Tone Control
- Distortion: Overscream, Distortion, Crusher, Overdrive
- EQ and Dynamics: Black 76, Model 670, White 2A, Vintage EQ-1A, Compressor, Parametric EQ, EQ Comp, Limiter
- Modulation: Chorus C1, Opto Tremolo, Electric Flanger, Rotary Speaker, Uni-V, Small Phazer, AM Modulation, Multi Chorus, Chorus, Phaser, Env Flanger, Tremolo, Flanger, FM Modulation
- Reverb and Delay: Acoustic Resonance, Tape Echo, Hall Reverb, ConvoRoom, Plate Reverb, Reverb, Ambience, Reverb Delay, Delay, Spring Reverb
- Filters / Other: Piano Lid, Stereo Imager, Auto Pan, Multi Filter, LFO Filter, Phonograph, Env Filter, Slicer, Lo-Fi, Wah
4 Play Modes
- Legato 1
- Legato 2
- Over 33 GB of included sounds
- Over 4,000 new instruments with 21 instrument categories
- Over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops
- Over 2,000 MIDI files
SampleTank is a 64-bit Plug-in and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Mac OS X 10.7 or later. 34 GB of hard drive space.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, or Windows® 8. 34 GB of hard drive space. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.