IK Multimedia iRig Mic - Handheld microphone for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
The iRig Mic is a compact, portable microphone recording system designed to interface with Apple iOS devices (Now with Android support) , such as iPod, iPad and iPhone. The iRig Mic is ideal for speech and vocal parts, but is also suited for recording instruments or other sources for musical, archive or production purposes.
The microphone is of a unidirectional, condenser electret design that is well suited for recordings at both a distance and up close and its three-stage switch alters the gain level depending on the needs of your situation. The cable terminates in a dual-input mini-jack that allows secondary input for headphones for monitoring purposes which then simply plugs into the headphone port of your iOS device.
The iRig Mic comes with VocaLive Free, Amplitube Free and iRig Recorder Free, giving you three apps that allow vocal effects, guitar amp simulation and location recording all at once.
Android Support: iRig Mic is now supported through the Android Platform, and is fully compatible with most audio supporting tablets and phones. iRig Recorder Free can be found through the Google Play Store and utilised with the iRig Mic and other IK multimedia devices.
IK Multimedia iRig Mic Features
- Ideal for all vocal applications from singing to speech
- Great for all types of sound recording or processing in music or any other audio application
- Quality condenser-electret unidirectional capsule
- Dual mini-jack connector allows real-time monitoring on headphones, speakers, mixers, PAs
- Rugged, durable metal housing
- Easy to set-up for any sound source
- Can be handheld or placed on a standard mic stand
- Comes with apps for singers and songwriters
- Works with your (other) favorite audio apps
IK Multimedia iRig Mic Specifications
- Microphone Type: condenser electret
- Polar Pattern: unidirectional/cardioid
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 15 kHz, -3dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for high sound pressure): 120 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for mid sound pressure): 90 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for low sound pressure): 75 dB
- Distortion: 3% THD at 120 dB, 1 kHz
- Windscreen: built-in
- Power and Connection: works with iOS, most Android devices (CTIA/AHJ compatible) and most Mac computers
- iRig Mic microphone
- Protective iRig Mic zippered storage bag
- iRig Mic clamp
- 5/8” to 3/8” thread adapter
- Size: 225mm/8.85" x 45mm/1.77" x 45mm/1.77" (W x L x H)
- Weight: 300g/10.58oz