IK Multimedia iRig Guitar/Bass interface for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
The iRig from IK Multimedia is a instrument interface designed to enable guitars and other TRS based instruments and signals to be connected to iOS Mobile devices. iRig's super small design makes it phenomenally portable, its small enough to be carried around in a headphone case, laptop sleeve or in the pocket. Connecting directly into the headphone socket of your iPhone, iPod and iPad, the iRig lets you play guitars and basses through Amplitube, the complete mobile, digital guitar rig.
*Does not include iPhone or iPad pictured.
Amplitube (Free version shipped with device) lets you create signal chains comprising of stomp boxes, amp heads, cabinets and microphones meaning you can shape your tone to how you see fit. Once you're happy with your sound, the iRig has a separate mini-jack out, meaning you can rehearse silently through headphones, or connect straight into a P.A.Not only that, but Amplitube features an extensive, digital recording studio set up, meaning you can record tracks and ideas wherever and whenever the mood takes you.
IK Multimedia iRig Features
- Instrument interface adapter + guitar and bass tone mobile software
- Works on iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
- Compact 1/4" female input jack to 1/8" female output jack audio interface adapter
- Headphone/Amp/Powered Speaker OUT
- Connect electric guitar and bass
- Also works with line level signals from synthesizers, keyboards, mixers
- Includes AmpliTube FREE for iPhone or iPad (free download on iTunes App Store)
- Real time guitar and bass multiFX, recording, practising app
IK Multimedia iRig Specifications
- Quick Start Guide
- Registration Card
- 22mm/0.87" x 22mm/0.87" x 71.4mm/2.81" (W x L x H)
- Cable lenght: 123mm/4.84" (Connector included)
- Weight: ~20g/0.71oz
- iRig is compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Air, iPad 4th generation, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini 2nd generation and iPad mini. iOS 4.3 or later is required.
- Mac®: Most Mac computers starting from late 2008 are compatible with the exception of the Mac Pro line.
- To check if your Mac is compatible select: About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Audio and check that "External Microphone / iPhone headset" is appearing on the list of included features.