IK Multimedia ARC System 2 Room Correction Software with Microphone
The iK Multimedia ARC System 2 Advanced Room Correction System Software is the first acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software and a correction plug-in for most popular DAWs to improve the acoustics and sonic reliability of your studio.
ARC works by measuring your room using the included measurement microphone and measurement software and then generates an algorithm to provide a correction of your room’s acoustic problems that you can apply to your mix using the included plug-in. You can record and mix with confidence knowing that what you hear from your speakers is a faithful representation of how your music will translate to the outside world.
ARC uses Audyssey MultEQ XT32 patented technology to improve your monitoring system so what you hear is not affected by distortions caused by room acoustics. ARC 2 can improve the acoustics of ANY room. An untreated room will experience a dramatic improvement – but also treated rooms will sound better depending on the quality of the existing treatment. Many of ARC 2 improvements make it more effective in a wide spectrum of applications — from amateur bedroom studios to the most high-end professionally treated studios.
IK Multimedia ARC System 2 Features
- Advanced Room Correction System Software
- Includes a measurement microphone, software and correction plug-in Based on Audyssey MultEQ XT32 patented technology that corrects frequency and phase distortions in multiple room points
- Improves clarity, stereo imaging and frequency response for faster, more reliable mixing
- Improves the sound of any room - from bedroom studio to high-end control rooms
- Step by step measurement set-up can be made by anyone
- Perfect for the traveling engineer and on-the-spot corrections
- 64-bit native plug-in compatibility
- Completely redesigned interface for improved usability
- 4X greater resolution improves critical low-end response
- Smoother, more natural sound in the mid-range and high frequencies
- New combined L/R correction option maintains focus in perfectly symmetrical control rooms
- New customizable target curves now can match engineer's personal timbre tastes
- New Virtual Monitoring templates mimic the sound of consumer listening devices like car systems, speaker boxes, etc. allowing the engineer to test how mixes translate on different systems
- New Monitor Control panel interface streamlines workflow
- Fewer measurements now provide higher quality results and shortens set-up time
- Measurements can be saved and used for multiple correction set-ups
- Omnidirectional, calibrated microphone that provides a transparent colorless, ultra-linear characteristic, also suitable for acoustic recording
- Mac System requirements: (32 and 64 bit), Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later. Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS. Requires CoreAudio. Requires 48kHz operation (only for measurements). Note: PPC CPU is no longer supported.
- Windows System requirements (32 and 64 bit), Minimal: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7. Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS. Requires ASIO Audio Hardware. Requires 48kHz operation (only for measurements)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer IK Multimedia SKU SIKMARC Model AC-200-HCD-IN GTIN 8025813416031