Grace Design M802 8 Channel Remote Preamplifier
The Grace Design M802 is an 8 channel microphone preamplifier that delivers unmatched audio performance with massive headroom and ultra-wide bandwidth which result in an open, musical character.
Each channel offers 48V phantom, phase reverse and a 20dB pad. Gain controls are Grace Designs finest 24 position gold contact rotary switches, wired with 1% metal film resistors for maximum audio performance and perfect reset-ability. All components, active and passive, are selected for pure audio performance and long term reliability.
A standard feature of the Grace Design M802 is the popular Ribbon mic mode which shifts the preamplifier’s entire gain range up 10dB, while deactivating 48V phantom power, optimizing input impedance and bypassing the decoupling capacitors.
Grace have also added a secondary output for each individual channel which allows you to send the signal to a secondary recorder, workstation or console which can be extremely useful when working with outboard equipment and you don't want to fully commit to the sound recorded.
The Grace Design M802 shares the same specifications as the popular M801 model but it doesn't have the front panel controls and is instead controlled by the Grace RCU control, Digidesigns pro tools HD or via MIDI mappable devices. The M802 is ideal for permanent installs and for linking up to 8 M802 units and controlling them all from the one controller.
While the m802 works beautifully as a stand alone mic preamplifier, the optional Remote Control Unit (RCU) provides fantastic ergonomics and enhanced system control. This updated RCU now offers dedicated individual channel select switches and a new highly visible blue LED numeric display for channel gain settings. Both the RCU and the m802 now come with a high contrast, neutral backlight LCD.
Grace Design M802 Features:
- Fast, musical transimpedance amplifier architecture fully balanced, transformeless design
- Flexible digital metering with peak hold and reset
- Controllable from Digidesign® ProTools|HD® systems and compatible control surfaces (and many other MIDI devices)
- Dual high-current outputs (XLR+D-Sub) drive long cable runs and loads down to 50 Ohms
- Fast, efficient Philips I2C serial protocol to control preamplifiers from up to 1000 feet away
- Gain range of -7dB to +63dB in 1.5 dB steps
- New selectable ribbon mic mode
- Channel group mode (perfect for stereo pairs, subgroups)
- RCU able to address up to 8 units (64 channels)
- Front panel lockout mode
- Large neutral backlit LCD display
- 15 User preset memory locations, for saving preamplifier settings (gain, phantom power, phase)
- Five year transferable warranty on parts and labor
|Model||Grace Design M802 8 Channel Remote Preamplifier|