The Moog Etherwave Theremin Kit is a build-it-yourself electronic musical instrument, including an unfinished wood cabinet and pre-built circuit board plus antennas and accessories. Several wiring points require soldering.
The Moog Etherwave Theremin Kit is a quality theremin with a design that retains many characteristics of the original theremins, including a five-octave pitch range and reliable spacing between notes for sophisticated playability. Antennas are nickel-plated 3/8" brass tube and the cabinet is furniture-grade hardwood. The Etherwave is fitted with an adapter for mounting on a standard microphone stand.
The Theremin is one of the oldest electronic instruments, and the only one known that you play without touching. Moving your hands in the space around its antennas controls pitch and volume. The distance from one antenna determines frequency (pitch), and the distance from the other controls the amplitude (volume). The Moog Etherwave Theremin is capable of generating tones of any pitch throughout its entire five-octave range, including those that are between the western 12-tone scale.
Originally invented by Leon Theremin in the 1920s, its haunting sound will be instantly familiar for those who've been watching early Sci-Fi movies. Bob Moog started out in the business by designing and building Theremins in the early 1950s.
Moog Etherwave Theremin Kit Features
- Includes components, antennas and instructional material.
- Five-octave pitch range
- Nickel-plated 3/8" brass tube Antennas
- POWER rocker switch - switches on and off the AC power to theremin.
- AUDIO OUT - standard 1/4" phone jack, which delivers line level output to your amplifier.
- PITCH rotary control, for adjusting the response of the pitch antenna.
- VOLUME rotary control, for adjusting the response of the volume antenna.
- WAVEFORM rotary control, for adjusting the waveform of the audio output.
- BRIGHTNESS rotary control, for adjusting the brightness of the audio output.
- POWER INPUT - receptacle for the special AC adapter that comes with the Etherwave. 110 volt and 220 volt adapters are available.
- ANTENNA CONNECTORS - threaded connectors which allow the antennas to be removed for travel.