Empirical Labs DocDerr Channel Strip - Pre-amp, 4-Band EQ & Compressor - 500-Series Module
The Empirical Labs DocDerr is a channel strip consisting of a pre-amplifier, 4 band EQ and compressor that is all packed into a API 500-Series Module. Despite the Empirical Labs DocDerr being compact it deliver's outstanding performance from the most subtle compression all the way to a pumping overly compressed sound similar to the Empirical Labs Distressor style sound. Even with the most extreme settings the DocDerr sounds extremely musical and stays smooth.
Emirical Labs DocDerr Specifications:
- Six digitally controlled sections of analog processing
- Frequency response - 3 Hz to 180 kHz on eq section (-3dB points).
- Dynamic range - 120 dB from maximum output (.5%THD soft clipping) to minimum output. Noise floor with Mix on 0 is typically – 91dBu.
- Distortion range - between .0006% and 10% at 1KHz, depending on mode and settings.
- Maximum Input before hard clipping - +22dBm, “ Line In” mode. Maximum Output (Mix at 0) - +28.5dBm
- Compressor Dynamics Time Constants - Attack time is around 1mS. Release .2 sec, fixed internally. Stereo Linkable for stereo tracks. With the EL500 powered rack, the push of a button enables linking.
- Input Impedance - 120k Ohm, Instrument In Mode, output impedance is less than 75 ohms. 20K input impedance in balanced Line in mode.
- Guitar adaptor cable included
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Empirical Labs SKU SEMPDOCDERR Model Empirical Labs DocDerr Channel Strip GTIN N/A