Empirical Labs DerrEsser - Desser - 500-Series Module
The Empirical Labs DerrEsser is a compact 500-series module that is designed to reduce the high frequency content of vocals and reduce the "ess" in certain words. The amount of reduction is dependent on the level of the frequency selected and it reduces the high end and "ess" in an extremely musical way.
Empirical Labs DerrEsser Specifications:
- Freq. Response is 3 Hz to 120 kHz (-3dB points).
- Dynamic Range - 115 dB from maximum output (.5%THD soft clipping) to minimum output. Transformerless noise floor typically – 93dBu.
- Distortion Ranges between .0035% and .01% depending on mode and settings.
- DC coupled Input and Outputs
- High quality audio caps used internally.
- Input Balanced, Output single ended but with balanced impedance.Pin 2 hot
- Input Impedance is 20k Ohm. Output impedance is less than 51 ohms.
- D-S Dynamics Time Constants - Attack time is less than 1mS. Release .04 sec, fixed internally.
- Power Consumption – 8 Watts max. 4 Watts Typical
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Empirical Labs SKU SEMPDERESSER Model Empirical Labs DerrEsser GTIN NA