Elysia MUSEQ - 2 Channel Class A 5-Band EQ
The Elysia MUSEQ 2 Channel Class-A EQ is a combination of premium sound shaping capabilities with optimally matched parameters and the highest quality components, enabling the user to find musical results quickly and easily. The five bands and their ample gain ranges as well as some special features make sure that the museq can be used flexibly in any tracking or mixing situation, and the stepped controllers are easily repeatable for mix bus or mastering applications.
Each of the two channels offers three parametric bands with a two-position switchable Q. The outer bands per side are low/high shelf designs which can be separately switched into a low/high cut mode. In the cut mode, a resonance peak keeps the knee frequency from sounding overly damped, reminiscent of inductor circuits in classic designs.
Each of the five gain controllers per side can be altered from boost to cut with a single switch, for easy location of problem frequencies and twice the number of available gain steps. Each channels has a switchable option for adding strong harmonic color of the signal, making two EQs in one. Many will prefer the color setting for mix use and the clean for tracking, but this is up to you to discover.
Elysia MUSEQ Features:
- 100% Discrete Class-A - As a true elysia specialty, the museq is completely based on discrete circuitry and does not use any integrated circuits at all.
- Active Bandpasses with FETs - The filter stages are completely active and benefit from a puristic design approach without coupling capacitors – the basis for a truly musical EQ.
- Resonance High & Low Pass Filters - The outer shelving filters can be switched into high and low pass filters which feature an additional resonance peak as a very useful specialty.
- Parallel Filter Design - A special circuit trick makes it possible to leave the high and middle frequencies completely untouched when using the high and low pass filters.
- Warm Mode - The museq offers a second, switchable sound flavor by altering its frequency spectrum, harmonics and transient response.
- Pure Transparency Path - The puristic design of the filter stages with current feedback amplifier stages and without any coupling capacitors results in an outstanding sound quality.
- Boost/Cut Mode - The boost/cut switch generates twice the number of values to be set with the 23 step potentiometers than the usual -/0/+ arrangement would offer.
- Switchable Filter Quality - The filter quality can be switched from a wide to a narrow Q factor which remains independent from the setting of the gain controller.