Electrovoice RE20 Dynamic Cardioid Microphone
The Electrovoice RE20 is a professional quality dynamic cardioid microphone created specially for recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement applications requiring essentially flat response over a very wide frequency range. The wide frequency response, coupled with excellent transient response, makes the RE20 easily comparable to the finest condenser cardioid microphones; however, the RE20 is virtually free of bass-boosting proximity effect when used close.
An integral blast and wind filter covers each acoustic opening on the RE20. In recording sessions or on stage, singers can 'close talk' the microphone, singing with their lips almost touching the grille screen, with no worry of 'P-pops' or excessive sibilance. Part of the filter also shock mounts the internal microphone element, reducing the transfer of vibrations from external sources. The RE20 is capable of reproducing extremely high sound pressure levels with no fear of the overload and distortion often experienced with phantom-powered condensers. The RE20 will also continue to function flawlessly in high humidity and elevated temperatures that would seriously degrade competitive condenser microphones. Frequency response is 45 Hz-18 kHz. The RE20 microphone includes a stand clamp.
Electrovoice RE20 Features
- Time-tested broadcast and voiceover favorite
- Also ideal for instrument recording, especially kick drums and acoustic guitars
- Studio condenser response yet no powering required and immune to overloading
- Large Acoustalloy diaphragm and low-mass aluminum voice coil
- Steel case and hum-bucking coil provide exceptional magnetic shielding
- Frequency response : 45 Hz-18 kHz
- Impedance : 150 ohms balanced
- Sensitivity, open circuit voltage: 1.5 mV/pascal = 1 kHz
- 8.53" long x 1.94" diameter (2.14" at widest point)
- Net wt: 1 lb, 10 oz (shipping wt 3 lb, 4 oz)
- Includes stand clamp