Dynaudio PLM3A - 3-Way Active Monitor
The Dynaudio Professional PLM3A, is a pairing of Dynaudio's M3A passive monitor coupled with a Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q amplifier featuring cutting-edge Lake processing that ensures you can optimize any room to become the perfect listening facility.
Dynaudio Professional M3A
Dynaudio Professional has provided countless audio professionals with first-class monitoring solutions for decades, and the M3A monitors build on that proud tradition, being equipped with extremely clean, dynamic, powerful and reliable speakers in which common problems such as cone break up, thermal compression and phase misalignment have been almost eliminated. The frequency response is full and flat, and the overall transparency of sound leaves no doubt that M3A truly advances the art of monitoring at high levels without sacrificing quality at more relaxing volume.
The M3A speakers feature a pair of 300mm bass drivers that are perfectly complemented by two 150mm piston midrange drivers with massive 75mm coils. The high frequencies are accommodated by a high-power version of the 28mm Esotec T-330 DA dome tweeter that enjoys a reputation as the finest dome tweeter available. All of the drivers are ferrofluid cooled, which is a benefit only made possible on low frequency drivers by the use of custom designed ferrofluid compounds applied to very tightly tolerated voice coil gaps - a feature that is absolutely unique to Dynaudio Acoustics.
Dynaudio Professional M3A Specifications
- Unique linear phase frequency response
- Every monitor is matched to any other monitor within ± 1.5dB
- 28mm ESOTAR soft dome tweeter with aluminum voice coil
- Dual 150mm magnesium silicate impregnated polypropylene (MSP) midrange drivers with 75mm voice coils
- Dual 300mm polypropylene bass drivers with exceptionally large 100mm aluminum voice coils, offering dramatic improvements in power handling, bass response and distortion figures over conventional systems
- Gold plated professional binding posts accepting heavy-gauge speaker cable
- Heavy internal damping for minimum cabinet resonance
- Thermal protection of the tweeter
- Frequency response: 30 Hz - 20 kHz
- 129 dB SPL @ 1 meter
- Dimensions: 770 mm (H) x 550 mm (W) x 500 mm (D)
- Weight: 55 kg.
Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q
The PLM 10000Q amplifier is based on technology from Lab.gruppen's highly acclaimed and road-proven FP+ series, but goes the extra mile for even greater sustained output power: an impressive 4 x 2,300 watts. A new circuit provides substantially greater current-carrying capabilities, and the Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) is optimized to deliver full power during long low-frequency bursts as well as maintain stable rail voltages despite fluctuating line voltage. Further, PLM 10000Q offers extreme power density, patented intercooler cooling, a full suite of protection features and a Power Average Limiter (PAL) that prevents tripping of mains breakers. Finally, advanced cross-overs inside the PLM 10000Q feed its four output stages, allowing for optimized RMS and true-peak limiter settings for the lo and mid/hi drivers.
In other words, the PLM 10000Q amplifier delivers exactly the kind of pure and reliable power that is perfect when matched with the Dynaudio M3A.
Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q Specifications
- 2350 W per channel @ 2 ohms, 2300 W per channel @ 4 ohms, 1300 W per channel @ 8 ohms**
- 2 unit 19" chassis weighing only 13.5 kg
- Input connection: Analog, Digital, Dante
- Class TD® output stage
- Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS™)
- Copper-finned Intercooler® with transverse-mounted output devices
- Full suite of protection and fault monitoring features
- Primary and secondary network connections (for daisy chaining or system redundancy)
- Digitally controlled 'amplifier gain' adjustable in 0.1 dB steps from 22 to 44 dB
- Digital output attenuation in 0. 25 dB steps from -inf to 0 dB
- Binding post or Neutrik® Speakon® (1 x NLT8, 2 x NLT4) power output connectors
- Digitally implemented, zero-overshoot Inter-Sample Voltage Peak Limiting (ISVPL™) adjustable in 0.1 V steps from 17.8 to 153 V
- Power Average Limiter (PAL)
Exclusive Lake Processing algorithms are included for Raised Cosine Equalization, linear phase crossovers, LimiterMax loudspeaker protection, and Iso-Float ground isolation. Raised Cosine Equalization is the foundation for the Lake Mesa EQ and the Ideal Graphic EQ, the two revolutionary EQ interfaces used by the Dolby Lake Processor. Mesa EQ offers asymmetric filtering to match the asymmetric responses of many loudspeaker systems while the Ideal Graphic EQ offers true sum-to-flat response, so the adjustments provide uniform boost and cut along with greater selectivity.
- Raised Cosine Equalization™
- Linear phase and classical crossovers
- LimiterMax™ - peak and RMS limiters
- Iso-Float™ ground isolation
- Super Module capability
- Integration of third-party frequency measurement and analysis via Lake Analyzer Bridge
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Dynaudio SKU SDYNPLM3A Model Dynaudio PLM3A GTIN N/A