DW Fearn VT12 - Dual Vacuum Tube Mic Pre - Ribbon
The DW Fearn VT-12 is a vacuum tube microphone preamplifier with 70dB of gain, designed to accommodate the low output level of ribbon and dynamic microphones but it can also be used with condenser microphones.
The VT-12 is similar to the DW Fearn VT-2 but with higher gain. The VT-12 uses the same custom Jensen transformers and the same sonic philosophy as the VT-2 which all adds to the trademark DW Fearn sound.
Despite the VT-12 being designed to be used with ribbon microphones it does include provision for phantom powering condenser microphones but due to a lot of engineers being concerned about accidently turning phantom power on when using a ribbon microphone and damaging it there is a phantom power cutoff switch on the rear which deactives the two front panel switches.
DW Fearn VT12 Specifications:
- Frequency Response: +0.25dB 20Hz-20kHz (-3dB at 0.5Hz and 60kHz)
- THD+Noise: <0.3% 20Hz-20kHz
- Noise: <-72dBu, unweighted
- Input Load Impedance: 10k ohm
- Maximum Input Level for 1% THD at 20Hz: -25dBu (-5dBu with pad)
- Maximum Gain: 70dB
- Input: Transformer balanced
- Output: Transformer balanced
- Maximum Output Level: +22dBu into 20k ohm bridging load
- Dimensions: 19W x 5.25H x 10D (inches)
- Weight: 18 lbs (8.2kg)
- Shipping Weight: 24 lbs (11kg)
|Model||DW Fearn VT12|