Drawmer SL22 - Sound Level Limiter
The Drawmer SL22 is a sound level limiter that can be used to protect your speakers, your hearing whilst listening to headphones or your premises license by eliminating the possibility of ’unauthorised’ excessive sound pressure levels it offers strict level control and tremendous peace of mind to users in three distinct areas:
1 - SAFEGUARD YOUR HEARING
Conform to Noise at Work Regulations by controlling the level of the dedicated headphone output to prevent hearing damage to anyone wearing headphones on a regular basis - DJ’s, sound engineers in recording studio’s, students listening to audio via various media. Additional connectors on the rear can be used for remote data logging or to trigger external warning devices.
2 - CONFORM TO REGULATIONS
The precise calibration and volume controlling of the SL22 allows venues, such as clubs, theatres, pubs, schools, universities etc. to conform to Local Authority Noise Regulations.
The need to conform to Local Authority Regulations is absolutely imperative, none more so than in the area of noise control. Many products are on the market that claim to do the job but these often take the form of a crude switch, either turning off the power or disconnecting the speakers, both of which are very disruptive in any event. The SL22 is different, it controls the volume, but in a transparent, unobtrusive way, that you will struggle to notice. Not only is it responsive and versatile but does so in a secure manner meaning that tampering is extremely difficult. Other features include remote dimming of the volume, as well as the connection to a fire alarm system, reducing the volume automatically during a fire and allowing the alarm to be heard more clearly.
3 - PROTECT YOUR SPEAKERS
Prevents the damage to speaker chassis drivers and amplifier electronics by catching unwanted signals such as ‘bangs’ and ‘pops’
Whether in a large arena with a p.a. system and multiple speakers, or a bar or theatre, there are few things more troublesome than blowing a speaker cone or amplifier electronics. The SL22 has been specifically designed to transparently catch those unwanted SPL’s and protect your gear. Not only will it save money by reducing the cost of speaker repairs, but also reduce ’call-out’ costs of sound system service/repair engineers, lower sound system ’down time’ and the consequential loss of income, as well as the reputation of the venue.
Drawmer SL22 Features
- Limited speaker and headphone outputs
- Once installed and calibrated completely eliminates the possibility of ’unauthorised’ volume levels
- No sound quality loss even during protection processing
- Large LED level indication for ’at a glance’ monitoring of signals and warnings
- Time delay relays on outputs for clean power up/down
- Fast, simple installation
- Tamper-proof plate limits access to settings
- A security label is supplied to further secure the calibration settings and show evidence of tampering
- Tamper-Proof bracket (available separately) to lock-in the XLRs and conform to Local Authority regulations.
- Reduces ’call-out’ costs of sound system service/repair engineers, sound system ’down time’ and the consequential loss of venue income, as well as the reputation of the venue.
- External control of Dim and Mute for connection to Fire Alarms or remote operation
- Trigger output when in PROTECT mode
- Logging inputs for both ALERT and PROTECT statuses