Drawmer 1973 - Three Band FET Compressor
The Drawmer 1973 is an affordable multi-band FET compressor which combines 30 years of development and experience, the functionality of the world class Drawmer S3 and the familiarity and quality of the Drawner 1960 and 1968 to deliver 3 bands of transparent and musical compression at a great price point.
The Drawmer 1973 differs from traditional compressors due to it having 3 selectable bands. Two controls let you select the cross over frequency of each band which gives you the ultimate control over your audio.
A multi-band compressor has lots of useful applications in common recording situation such as if a bass guitar has a boomy or rumbly low end a multi-band compressor can be used to compress the culprit frequencies and leave the mid range and higher frequencies untouched. Another common use for a multi-band compressor is to add some excitement to vocals by compressor the high end to add some sizzle and articulation to an otherwise bland voice.
A common criticism of multi-band compression is that it is easy to take the effect too far and make things sound unatural but the Drawmer 1973 features a mix knob which let's you find the perfect blend of dry and wet signal.
Drawmer 1973 Key Features:
- Standard intuitive controls such as Threshold, Gain, Switched Attack & Release with Gain Reduction Metering on Each Band.
- Fast Reacting Soft Knee F.E.T. Design with excellent Left/Right Tracking across the Full Range of compression.
- Variable Wet/Dry Mix plus Output Gain Knobs give a 'Parallel Compression' function without the need for external mixing devices, providing Complete and Effortless Control over the amount of compression used and Output Levels.
- Variable Band Split Filters at a 6dB Per Octave slope with Switch-able Mute and Bypass on Each Band make 'Tuning In' to a Frequency Simple.
- ‘Big’ and 'Air' Modes Help to preserve the Very Deep Lows and Enhance the Sparkling Highs.
- Two Analogue V.U. Meters with Switchable +10dB Meter Rescale Modes and a Switchable ‘Peak’ mode to Display Fast Transients Not Normally Seen on Conventional V.U.s.
- Dedicated Gain Reduction Meters On Each Band.
- Internal Low Hum Toroidal Linear Power Supply with Voltage Selector Switch.
- Classic Drawmer Build Quality with Rugged Steel Chassis and Aluminium Front Panel.