DPA d:vote 4099 T - Supercardioid Condenser Microphone for Trumpet, Trombone and Brass
The DPA 4099T Trumpet Microphone is ideal for trumpet, trombone and other brass instruments, with or without mute, the 4099 Trumpet effortlessly handles even the highest sound pressure levels. Its innovative mounting mechanism makes it easy to move the mic between instruments with only one hand. The DPA 4099 Trumpet Clip Microphone and mounting system is meticulously designed and optimized for the brass family. This is to ensure the best possible mount and audio reinforcement is achieved when performing live.
The 4099 condenser microphones feature supercardioid polar patterns for superior gain-before-feedback. Fully capable of handling the intense sound pressure levels from a trumpet, these microphones live up to their pedigree with sound as accurate as DPA's other world-class microphones.
Despite their tiny, discreet size and elegant, lightweight design, 4099 models are extremely rugged. The versatile gooseneck provides stable and repeatable positioning. The mics can be easily unclipped and repositioned or moved to another instrument with only one hand, while the mounting system is designed never to mar or scratch the finish of your instrument. Any mute can be used together with the microphone and it is easy to place the trumpet in a stand while keeping the 4099 clip on the instrument.
Through the use of DPA's extensive adaptor system, the 4099 is compatible with virtually any wireless system and can also be used as a standard 48V phantom powered microphone via the included XLR connector.
*This does not include the trumpet pictured.
DPA d:vote 4099 T Features
- Handles extreme sound pressure levels
- Wireless compatible
- Flexible and easy one-hand mounting
- Fits any mute
DPA d:vote 4099 T Specifications
- Directional characteristics: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, 20 cm (7.9 in) distance: 80 Hz to 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10 to 12 kHz, Second order low-cut filter at 80 Hz with DAD4099
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB: 2 mV/Pa; -54 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 28 dB(A) re. 20 μPa (max. 31 dB(A))
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 66 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: 95 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 152 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 to 40 ohm, from DAD4099-BC: 100 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD4099-BC
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB at 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099-BC XLR adapter
- Power supply: Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems; 48 V phantom power ±4 V with DAD4099-BC XLR adapter
- Current consumption: 1.5 mA; 3.5 mA with DAD4099-BC XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 31 g (1.1 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Cable color: Black
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD4099-BC XLR adapter)
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative humidity: Up to 90 %
- Gooseneck, length: 140 mm (5.5 in)