DPA d:screet 4063 Miniature Omni-directional microphone, Lo-Sens & DC
The DPA d:screet 4063 is a miniature lavalier Omni-directional microphone with a low sensitivity configuration and a FET based preamp for lower supply voltages.
Intended for theatre, ENG, video production and scenarios where mic placement has to be un-noticed yet still of high quality, the 4062 is small enough to hide within the hairline or on clothing. Because of it's small size, these tiny condensers exhibit an exceedingly accurate omnidirectional pattern and therefore do not need to be aimed directly at the sound source to achieve quality pickup.
Special attention has been taken in the design to deal with the humidity problems that often occur in theatrical settings. A double vent protection system, together with water resistant materials inside the microphone makes it more than difficult for moisture to cause the Miniature Microphone to fail. By changing the protection grids, the Miniature Microphones can furthermore be acoustically modified according to the placement of the microphone on the body.
The mic can handle relatively high SPL levels of up to 134dB without distortion and is compatible with a wide variety of wireless systems.
DPA d:screet 4063 Features
- Extremely rugged and reliable
- Exceptional audio quality with low noise and high sensitivity
- Adapts to all pro wireless systems
DPA d:screet 4063 Specifications
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 – 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 68 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1% THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 138 dB
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 3 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, beige, white
- Microphone weight: 7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: Max. 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
|Model||DPA d:screet 4063 Miniature Omni-directional microphone, Lo-Sens & DC|