DPA d:screet 4062 Miniature Condenser Microphone. Xlow-Sens - 3-pin Lemo, TA4F Mini-XLR, Mini-Jack
The DPA d:screet 4062 is a miniature lavalier Omni-directional microphone with an extra low sensitivity configuration to deal with high SPL. This mic is also available terminating in a Microdot connection.
Intended for theatre, ENG, video production and scenarios where mic placement has to be un-noticed yet still of high quality, the 4062 is small enough to hide within the hairline or on clothing. Special attention has been taken in the design to deal with the humidity problems that often occur in theatrical settings. A double vent protection system, together with water resistant materials inside the microphone makes it more than difficult for moisture to cause the Miniature Microphone to fail. By changing the protection grids, the Miniature Microphones can furthermore be acoustically modified according to the placement of the microphone on the body.
This version of the capsule has been reconfigured to handle high SPL levels of up to 154dB, meaning the mic will not distort under extremely noisy settings. It’s perfect for loud actors and interview settings with high background noise. The mic has also been configured to work with a wide variety of wireless systems.
DPA d:screet 4062 Miniature Omni-directional Microphone, XLo-Sens
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 – 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 1 mV/Pa; -60 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 33 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 37 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 45 dB (max. 49 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 61 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 90 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 154 dB
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 5 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, beige
- Microphone weight: 7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: Max. 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Additional Information
Manufacturer DPA Microphones SKU SDPA4062B03 Model DPA d:screet 4062 Miniature Condenser. Xlow-Sens - 3-pin Lemo GTIN N/A