The DPA 3506 is a complete 4006-TL Stereo Kit with two carefully factory-matched phantom powered (P48) condenser microphones. The DPA 3506 also includes a Stereo Boom and the complete range of DPA Acoustic Modification Accessories, all in a sturdy carrying case with a foam insert.
The specially selected DPA 4006-TL microphones are matched within +/- 0.5 dB on both frequency range, sensitivity and self noise. The maximum phase response difference from 50 Hz to 20 kHz is 10 degrees. The high sensitivity, the low noise-floor and the extremely linear frequency response from 15 Hz to 20 kHz (+/-2 dB) of the microphone pair makes the DPA 3506 the perfect choice for all professional A-B Stereo recordings.
DPA 3506 Features
- Transformerless Output Stage
- High SPL Handling
- Flat Frequency Response
- Omni-directional Polar Pattern
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarised condenser
- Power supply: 48 V Phantom power
- Frequency range, + 2 dB: 15 Hz - 20 kHz
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 15 dB(A) re. 20 AuPa (max. 17 dB(A))
- Sensitivity, nominal, +2 dB: 35 mV/Pa; -29 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 27 dB (max. 29 dB)
- Capsule diameter: 16 mm (0.63 in)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% up to 129 dB SPL peak, <1% up to 135 dB SPL peak
- Preamplifier frequency range: 20 Hz to 40 kHz A±1 dB
- Output impedance: <200 Ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 100 m (328 ft)
- Microphone length: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 143 dB
- Weight (single 4006-TL): 150 g (5.29 oz)
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 120 dB
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 79 dB
- Connector: 3-pin XLR-M (Standard P48)
- 2 x DD0254 Close-miking Grid,
- Trapezoid, Silver.
- 1 x UA0836 Stereo Boom with Holders.
- 2 x UA0777 Nose Cones.
- 2 x UA0638 Windscreens for 4003/06.
- 2 x L50B Acoustic Pressure Equaliser, 50 mm (1.97 in) Ball.
- 2 x L40B Acoustic Pressure Equaliser, 40 mm (1.57 in) Ball.
- 2 x L30B Acoustic Pressure Equaliser, 30 mm (1.18 in) Ball.
- 2 x DD0297 Diffuse-field Grid, Black.
- 2 x DD0251 Free-field Grid, Silver.
- 2 x 4006-TL Omnidirectional Microphones, P48