Pro Tools 10 has over 50 new features, including: 64-bit compatible, extended disk cache for faster response and better performance (HD only), improved disk scheduler, Clip Gain workflow, 32-bit float sessions, support for multiple file formats, ASIO/Core Audio Low Latency Mode (LLM), new Avid Channel Strip, and more. Your dedication deserves the best tools available. Introducing Pro Tools 10, the next generation of the best sounding, most powerful audio production software for recording, composing, editing, and mixing music and sound for picture.
What's New in Pro Tools 10
- Speed up editing and mixing with Clip Gain, and easily adjust and match gain levels, pre-mixer
- Use multiple audio formats in a session including interleave without file duplication
- Record and master higher resolution sound with more headroom in 32-bit floating-point format
- Get great responsiveness on slower hard drives with the enhanced disk handler
- Record in low-latency mode, with direct monitoring when using third-party audio interfaces
- Get the sound of System 5 console EQ and dynamics with the Avid Channel Strip plug-in
- Get access to over 500 additional Pro Tools commands when using EUCON controllers
- Work more easily with AudioSuite-rendered clips with reverse processing, handles, and more
- Create extra long-format projects for sequential versioning with the extended 24-hour timeline
- Open fade-heavy sessions faster and get better responsiveness with real-time fades
- Export mixes directly to SoundCloud to share and promote
With Pro Tools 10, you can mix multiple audio file formats and bit depths within the same session including interleaved without any file duplication to cause project bloat. Plus, with support for 32-bit floating-point file formats, you'll get higher resolution sound when recording or importing, with more headroom to preserve the integrity of your audio from beginning to end. Gain better recording and playback performance when working on a laptop with an external drive or a network-attached storage device. Speed up editing and mixing with Clip Gain (watch the video). Work more easily with AudioSuite-rendered clips (watch the video). Get 4x more* Automatic Delay Compensation and 2x more busses to handle bigger mixes with more plug-ins. And get snappier performance when working on sessions with lots of fades.
With the included Avid Channel Strip plug-in, you get the renowned channel strip of the Avid (formerly Euphonix) System 5, one of the most sought-after consoles used to create some of the greatest mixes ever produced. Work with exact replications of the console's EQ and compression algorithms to add life to your mix. Whether you're tracking vocals, guitars, or an orchestra, you'll get the best possible sound and optimized performance when you pair Pro Tools with an Avid audio interface. Record high-resolution audio up to 24-bit/192 kHz and experience exceptionally low latency to capture your best performances easily.
With Pro Tools, you have the flexibility to record, edit, and mix music and sound for picture your way. Pair the software with your favorite Avid or third-party audio interface to record and monitor vocal and instrument performances. Or record and create with just your computer** and the software alone for ultimate portability. Nobody's perfect, but with Pro Tools you can create a seamless performance from multiple takes. Let your spontaneity shine with Loop recording and comp together your best takes. Or use QuickPunch to quickly replace any questionable section with a better performance.