The Denon SC3900 is a digital turntable and media controller with 9-inch active platter. Utilizing a completely redesigned High-Torque Direct Drive Motor that exactly mirrors the feel of vinyl, the SC3900 brings home that familiar feel but with the choice of CD, USB, Software, or even a networked Media server as your source of tracks.
The surface of the platter is actually a 9" vinyl disc, this makes the experience much closer to working with actual vinyl. Playback and scratch tracks from a myriad of sources including USB ‘sticks’ or USB Hard Disk Drives via the top mounted USB port. This allows the move from venue to venue with just a single USB device and not a laptop or CD collection, although the SC3900 can also playback CDs via the front loading CD slot, giving you true flexibility of your media choices.
The SC3900 also comes complete with the brand new ‘Engine’ music management software that has been designed with players such as the SC3900 in mind, allowing the ultimate in DJ set preparation, playback and control.
Prepare the perfect set in the studio or on a computer at home, then export it to a USB stick or Hard Disk Drive and have everything needed for your DJ performance in a device small enough to fit in your pocket. Then, when it’s time to perform simply plug in and play, and even share the USB drive’s files with up to three other compatible players over a network.
Once your networked players are sharing the music from one USB device, it’s easy to manage you set via an iPad with the new Engine iPad app (requires downloading from the App Store). Engine for iPad seamlessly monitors your set wirelessly through a network – all via its large full-color touchscreen. And there is no need to worry about computer or connection problems; should the iPad become disconnected, your music is still securely connected to the player via USB, leaving playback, and your audience’s attention, uninterrupted.
Additionally, playback of files on your PC or MAC is possible with the included ‘Engine’ music management software which doesn’t even require a high specification computer to work quickly and efficiently. With file searching speeds that leaves most other software standing still, Engine’s power is achieved by leaving the intensive audio processing at the player so the software is free to run before, or during your performance, utilizing the full capabilities of your computer.
Prepare music on a USB device, playback music through Engine PC or Mac software, and control via networked players or even through a network connected iPad.
Hybrid MIDI mode has been a flexible feature and a great benefit to previous Denon DJ devices and it’s no different with the SC3900. Complete with the ability to be MIDI mapped to work with a wide variety of applications, the SC3900 can control DJ software utilizing DVS, without using time code CDs, making the SC3900 the most complete and flexible player Denon DJ has ever produced.
For performers who can’t or don’t want to choose between software, vinyl, CD, and digital media as well as those who want the ability to use one controller that doesn’t rely on a high-spec computer to perform, the Denon DJ SC3900 is the player that you have been waiting for.
Denon SC3900 Features
- DJ with the music on your computer, USB flash drive, or CD with the coveted action and feel of vinyl
- Completely redesigned 9-Inch platter equipped with a brushless high-torque direct drive motor
- Player Link function for sharing USB drives across multiple SC3900s (up to four) and for connection to ENGINE software (PC/Mac/iPad)
- Seamless switching between media source devices
- Real vinyl platter mode with independently adjustable start and stop times
- Built-In USB audio interface (ASIO / CORE compliant)
- Includes ENGINE Music Management Software (PC/Mac)
- Supports CD-DA, CD-ROM and audio playback from USB memory devices (AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV)
- Top mounted USB port for USB stick and hard disk drives
- Burr Brown 24 bit DAC processing for superior audio fidelity
- Auto / manual loop functions
- 4 dedicated Hot Cues (8 in MIDI mode via MIDI layer option)
- Fast search and quick jump functions
- Hybrid MIDI mode included for DVS applications
- ENGINE iPad app available for easy file searching and player status display
- Built-In USB / MIDI control function
- Hyper-responsive PLAY and CUE buttons for greater tactile feel and timing
- Reverse and dump platter effects
- Deep pitch resolution and key adjust
- Strobe indicator
- 4-Way BPM counter (Auto BPM, Manual TAP, Manual BPM, Reads BPM Metadata)
- BPM sync feature
- 3-way pitch bend functionality
- Digital output
- Fast loading slot-in drive