Denon DN-500R - SD/USB Recorder with Analogue & Digital I/O
For recording applications where network capabilities are not required, the Denon DN-500R SD/USB Recorder offers the professional quality of Denon Professional’s flagship DN-700R recorder in a compact, cost-effective package with no compromise in core functionality. Combining professional features with high quality audio recording to reliable solid state media, the DN-500R provides a superior replacement to traditional recording devices in a wide range of applications.
Housed in a compact 1U rack-mountable chassis, the DN-500R offers recording to reliable SD card and USB storage media in both broadcast-quality WAV and MP3 formats. The unit can be configured for ‘dual’ simultaneous recording to both USB and SD media, or ‘relay/cascade’ recording where longer recording times are desirable.
Designed for professional use, the DN-500R features versatile connectivity including balanced XLR analogue audio and AES/EBU digital I/O, as well as unbalanced analogue connections and SPDIF.
Ensuring total control is always possible, even when the unit is installed in locations that are difficult to access, the DN-500R can be controlled by RS-232C, Parallel GPIO and Denon’s RC-F400S ‘Hot Start’ serial remote controller.
For direct control, the front panel is designed for ease of use with a bright OLED display and large function buttons offering fast, simple front panel operation. A USB Keyboard input allows file name editing.
The DN-500R also offers programmable timer operation for both recording and playback functions.
Denon DN-500R Features
- Records to SD/SDHC and USB media in MP3 and WAV (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- Dual Record feature (records to both media options simultaneously for primary and backup recording)
- Relay Record feature (continues recording to backup media when primary media is full)
- XLR and RCA audio connections (analog and digital)
- Timer recording/playback (30 schedules available)
- MP3, WAV, AIFF, AAC playback
- RS-232c, GPIO, USB keyboard remote control
- Front panel USB keyboard connection
- EDL marking & file edit functions (Move, Copy, Combine and Divide)
- Record Monitor (listen the recorded signal while recording)
- Large, bright OLED display
- DMP Mark Editor software included (Windows only)
- 100-230V switching power supply
- Removable rack ears