The DBX 162 SL is an ultra-low distortion stereo compressor with High-Drive Jensen output transformers. The DBX162SL features auto and super fast manual attack and release as well as the hard knee threshold characteristics of the classic dbx 160.
The 162SL also offers AutoVelocity™ manual mode, in addition to the classic dbx OverEasy® mode, made standard by the legendary dbx 165A. And speaking of the 165A, all of its features, including variable attack and release controls, as well as dbx’s latest limiting algorithm PeakStopPlus™, are included in the 162SL.
It features dual proprietary dbx VCA modules. This state-of-the-art implementation of dbx’s original Blackmer decilinear VCA boasts an unheard of dynamic range and ultra-low distortion seen only previously in the Blue 160SLs. With sonic clarity designed for the studio, the 162SL maintains its superior performance in harsh environments, pure enough for the studio, rugged enough for the road was the engineering motto of the Purple Series of Compressors / Limiters.
Like it's big brother the 160SL, it takes full advantage of the best parts available and dbx's advanced manufacturing, including Jensen® transformers on each output standard. Following in the footsteps of the Blue Series 160SL, with the Purple Series 162SL, dbx continues to create to the most technologically advanced compressors in the world.
DBX 162SL Features
- Super fast manual attack and release
- High-Drive Jensen® output transformers
- Hard-knee/OverEasy® switchable
- Ultra-low distortion compression for unheard of clarity even under extreme gain reduction
- Program-dependent "Auto," Patent-pending AutoVelocity™ Manual, or fully variable attack and release modes
- Input Connectors: XLR, 1/4" Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Max Input: 24dBu balanced
- Output Connectors: XLR, 1/4" transformer balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered Output Drive Capacity
- Max Output: >24dBm
- Bandwidth: >200kHz
- Dynamic Range: >118dB
- Head Room: 20dB reference = +4dBu
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 96dB, reference = +4dBu
- THD+Noise: <0/008% at +4 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain
- Frequency Response: +0/-3 dB 2Hz - 200kHz +0/-0.1dB 20Hz - 20kHz
- Deviation From Linear Phase: <1 degree 20Hz - 20kHz
- Compressor Threshold Range: -40 to +30dBu
- Compressor Ratio: 1:1 to infinity:1
- Compressor Threshold Characteristic: Selectable, OverEasy® or hard knee
- Limiter Threshold Range: +4 to +24 dBu (off)
- Limiter Ratio: infinity:1
- Limiter Type: PeakStopPlus® 2 stage limiter
- Additional Information
Manufacturer DBX SKU SDBX162SL Model 162SL GTIN 0691991400711